5/10 Update: Thanks for all backers' support to NanoSmart. Our campaign has been closed by 5/9. We will begin to dispatch the NanoSmart by 5/13. Thanks again for all your great support.
3/12 Update: 1. Free shipping for US AND Taiwan, China backers. 2. NEW Feature!! NOW NanoSmart can also support Bluetooth wireless headset, use NanoSmart wirelessly!!
The Origins of WiMe and NanoSmart:
- WiMe is a Taiwan-based company specializing in wireless product research, design, and manufacturing. At “WiMe,” short for Wireless Me, we strive to create trendy, portable products. Our goal is use mobile technology to help simplify the lives of our users.
- While convenient for browsing the internet and watching a video, the founders at WiMe noticed that as smartphone devices grow in size, they're also becoming increasingly difficult to carry around. This inspired WiMe to design the one-stop mobile accessory solution - NanoSmart. Our versatile product can serve as a modern Bluetooth headset and dialer (answer or dial directly using the device), a music a player, as well as a smartwatch (syncs critical data like contacts and calendars instantly from your smart phone). Is that all!?! Of course not! There's one more key feature that really sets NanoSmart apart in the mobile devices and smartwatch market. Simply insert your local SIM card and instantly transform NanoSmart into a hassel-free, stand-alone phone.
How Can NanoSmart Help Simply Your Life?
International travel or have more than one SIM. Insert a SIM card directly into the unlocked NanoSmart. With critical data (contacts) synced from your smart phone, NanoSmart functions as the perfect mini-clone of your primary mobile device during your travels or when you need another phone - NanoSmart is ready for use anywhere, anytime!
Heading out and don't feel like lugging around a giant smartphone. Leave the excess bulk behind when you want to go for a run or hit the gym! Use this powerful little gadget to tune-in to FM radio or use it as your MP3 player! With your synced contacts, music uploads, and local SIM, you'll be able to venture outdoors while enjoying music and staying connected to your mobile network.
Keep better track of your insane schedule. Don’t miss another business meeting, school pickup, or meal with a friend. Sync NanoSmart to your Google Calendar (Android smart phones only for now) and wear the device as a smart watch to receive reminders about upcoming appointments.
NanoSmart is currently available in six trendy colors. Additional details about the NanoSmart specifications are provided below:
- weight: 30 grams
- dimensions: 2"(H) * 1.5"(W) * 0.4"(D)
- screen: resistance touch screen, 1.54" (diagonally), displays 240*240 pixel high resolution, LCD (220.4 pixels/inch)
- phone: supports GSM network 850/900/1800/1900, no contract, no SIM lock.
- features: GSM mobile phone, Bluetooth headset, Bluetooth dialer, watch, MP3/MP4, FM, contact list sync, recorder, USB drive
- Android 2.3+ capabilities: Google Calendar, Gmail, SMS (NanoSmart App install on smartphone required), phonebook & call log
- iOS 4.0+ capabilities: phonebook & call log
- bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.1
- memory: 4GB internal storage
- phonebook capacity: approx. 2000 entries
- battery life: approx. 3-hr talk time, 70-hr standby & 60-min charge time
- audio: stereo music performance by codec, FM radio, MP3/MP4 capabilities; voice recorder
- SIM: standard SIM (micro SIM adapter available upon request)
- USB connector: 5 pin micro USB for charging & data transmission (USB drive)
- anti-lost alarm: alert sounds when > approx. 30' from smart phone
- waterproof: daily waterproof. designed for daily use, not for shower, swimming, diving.
- NanoSmart need to connect with a headset to make or answer call.
In the Press!
Curious what the critics have been saying or want to see some videos about this product? Here are some more helpful links about NanoSmart:
devicemag.com: "Want a James Bond Style watch phone? Here it is... WiMe is a one stop solution for your desire to wear a trendy gadget."
geek.com: "it’s not a smartwatch in the same sense as devices like the MotoActv, Sony SmartWatch, or Pebble. The WiMe is actually a full-fledged smartphone scaled all the way down to a mostly wrist-friendly size."
geeky-gadgets.com: "Smartphone companion watches or smartwatches as they are sometimes known, are becoming more and more popular as an extension of your smartphone, allowing you to keep track of important notifications from your phone on your wrist."
phonesreview.co.uk:"Recently we have started to see watches that can be parried with our smartphones that offer a variety of fetaures, and today we have news of the WiMe NanoWatch that is a small GSM mobile phone, which we think looks so much nice than the pebble."
ubergizmo.com: "WiMe NanoWatch is definitely not the first of its kind, but will expand the horizons of an Android-powered timepiece."
ABC.es: "Se trata de un mini teléfono GSM que también se puede integrar vía Bluetooth a un smartphone. En él se puede recibir notificaciones de Gmail, historial de llamadas, y enviar y recibir SMS"
How Indiegogo can Help
Community Awareness: every project begins with spreading the word and at WiMe, we think Indiegogo's trend-setting community is just the place to do it! We want to know what you think about NanoSmart. Any time you have any an idea about a product or feature enhancement (like receiving weather, Facebook, or Twitter notifications), tell us and we'll see what we can do! In fact, if we like your idea, we may even send you a small token of thanks once it's implemented.
Continual Innovation & Design: several reviews have addressed how NanoSmart is revolutionizing the mobile device industry. At WiMe, we are constantly striving to incorporate more tools to simplify the lives of our users, but this requires R&D investment. We hope this Indiegogo project will help us raise funds to continue our endeavor, allowing us to launch even more trendy and powerful tools in the coming years.
We welcome your suggestions and thank you for your support!
Questions or comments? Visit the WiMe company website or email us.