You Don't Want to Miss This
Music never sounded so good! We are beyond excited to have you be a part of this one-of-a-kind project. A fusion of music, art, and social good, like no other.
Grammy-nominated artist Carolyn Malachi is using her music to create a video that will support The School Fund—a nonprofit dedicated to connecting funders with students throughout the developing world with its online person- to-person donation platform. The video will ultimately provide thousands of hours of education to students in Africa during the “I AM” campaign.
“Education is one of the most pressing issues of our time. The School Fund creates access to education for kids in my global community, and this makes them a great partner. They know just as well as I do that whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.”
- Carolyn Malachi
“When I first travelled to Tanzania after graduating high school, I met a boy named John Medo who wanted to be President, but couldn’t afford the $150 to pay for high school...I was blown away by how little he needed, and how easy it was to change his life. I couldn’t help but do something about it. I’m so excited to partner with Carolyn and to prove that music can be used as a tool to create positive change in the world.”
- Matt Severson, Founder of The School Fund
What We Need & What You Get
Music videos are not cheap. Especially those that are made on the budget of an indie artist and a nonprofit. Carolyn Malachi and The School Fund hope to, not only create beautiful art and share it with the world, but to also provide children around the world with access to education.
We cannot realize this dream though without your support, and would be honored to have you join us on this journey.
Pledging support and funding for the "Free Your Mind (You Don't Want to Miss This)" music video, will get you these rewards and perks:
- See and hear yourself in the music video. Send in a photo of yourself. Our art director will make you part of the opening scene.
- Get the Director's Cut edition of the video with commentary from the cast and crew.
- Feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Check your e-mail for a personal “thank you” from The School Fund's President Matt Severson, and The School Fund's first student John Medo.
- Experience the music video come to life as it is being filmed in Los Angeles! Receive an exclusive invitation to go behind the scenes via Google+ Hangouts.
- Make your friends jealous with a special edition “I AM” campaign t-shirt designed by the Black Collection. Only you, CM, and the kids in the music video will have one.
- Bag some major clout! During the opening scene, Carolyn Malachi will thumb through her phone contacts, choose your name, and call you. Everyone will wish they were you.
- Show off your great taste with an HD lithograph of the "Free Your Mind" painted by living legend, artelier Synthia SAINT JAMES.
- Download the single, “Free Your Mind (You Don’t Want to Miss This)” only available to contributors to this campaign.
For each view of the “Free Your Mind (You Don't Want to Miss This)” music video, an hour of class time will be provided to a student in East Africa, with a goal to fund 10,000 class hours a month during the six-month “I AM” campaign.
Other Ways You Can Help
TWEET ABOUT IT!