Hi, my name is Julie Sou, 27 year old, fighting stage 4 breast cancer that has spread to my bones for over one year now, and need help raising funds to get advanced cancer treatment at the Burzynski clinic in Houston, TX. I am willing to take a risk to live longer and be free of cancer. If it works and I hope it will! Then you or someone you love will know where to go to get treated for advanced breast cancer! I hope you can find it in your heart to donate whatever you can give and feel like giving, even a penny, nickle, dime, or quarter I will greatly appreciate it all!
My goal includes treatment expenses, medication, and travel/housing to stay in Houston during the treatment. My plan is to do it in December 2012-Jan 2013 when I am on break from school.
I am currently on a traditional treatment here in San Antonio, and so far the onco said that I will be on this treatment indefinitley... I don't want that, I want an end to the treatment and the cancer, but not my life. Especially, now that I am engaged to a wonderful fiance, that has looked beyond the cancer and wants to be with me till the end. I now want to fight for our future and possibility of having children! :) Even though the doctor said I won't be able too, but I don't believe that.
You can follow me on my blog I share with family and friends, and now YOU! @ iheartnom.com
Short little bio of my journey below.
Before moving to Texas:
- 26 year old living in San Diego, CA , 2010
- On halloween eve fell down with a fever
- on halloween day discovered a lump on left breast
- November 1 went into the PCP and diagnosed me with a boob infection
- A month later after failed diagnosis PCP sends me to see a surgeon for removal of the lump
- Surgeon performs a biopsy; results stage 2 breast cancer, request for PET & MRI
- January 2011: PET & MRI results: confirm Metastatic breast cancer to the bones.
- Oncologist suggest invasive chemo, radiation, double mastectomy, and removal of uterus.
- Got second opinion, family referred treatment center in San Antonio, TX
- February 2011: Packed up for Texas!
- March 2011: started treatment, without having surgery, chemo, or radiation
- May 2012: switch over to new drug, because tumor not responding to tamoxifen, one of the drugs to inhibit cancer from spreading.
- Looking for other alternative treatments for advanced cancer
- Decided to go to Burzynski Clinic.
Team on This Campaign: