The MBAxAmerica Vision
A few months ago, four first-year Harvard Business School students asked themselves a simple question: what if MBAs left their classrooms to learn from and work with real entrepreneurs in places beyond the typical hubs of New York & Silicon Valley?
Then we stopped asking "What if?" and started MBAs Across America.
This summer, we will pile into an RV and drive across the country, spending 8 weeks in 8 cities where we believe folks are coming together to create the future of American business. Along the way, we'll do 3 things:
- Tell powerful stories: Our journey isn't about having all the answers. It's about uncovering the awesome work entrepreneurs are doing and sharing it with the world, through media parternships like the GOOD + MBAxAmerica series.
- Team up with local entrepreneurs: We know we can't change the world in a week, but we will share the best ideas from HBS, roll up our sleeves to understand the business, and brainstorm a plan of attack to take it to the next level.
- Build a network to support entrepreneurial ecosystems: As we travel the country, we’ll be bringing folks together from local MBAs to HBS professors, from mayors to the President to answer one simple question: what can we do to unleash the potential of every American entrepreneur?
Where We're Going & Who We're Working With
- Detroit: The Social Club Grooming Company
- Boulder: MADE Movement
- White Sulphur Springs, Montana: Red Ants Pants
- Las Vegas: The Downtown Project
- Albuquerque: Ideum
- New Orleans: Idea Village
- Asheville: Highland Brewing Company
- Washington, DC: NPR's Generation Listen
Why We Need You
With the amazing support of the MBAxAmerica supporters that have joined the cause already, we were able to raise $12K this spring to turn the MBAxAmerica vision into a reality by securing more than half of the funding we need for the summer. We need your help to finish the job, which will allow us to survive for the rest of the summer, complete a 50+ day journey of over 7000 miles, create greate content that tells the stories of extraordinary people & places, and grow MBAxAmerica into a movement that can change the world.
In return, you'll become a part of the MBAxAmerica journey and get some awesome (if we might say so ourselves) perks along the way — from postcards, to an MBAxAmerica iPod with our special mixtape already loaded, to a one-day MBAxAmerica workshop with the nonprofit of your choice.
This is Only the Beginning
Even if you can't contribute money, you can certainly contribute to our mission by sharing our campaign with all your friends and following our journey throughout the summer & beyond.
To the future!
The MBAxAmerica Team