The project idea
On every desk there is something that resembles this, right?
I call it tool-jar.
My ToolJar project takes inspiration from a tool-jar but it contains web applications for business instead of pencils.
In one click and less than 30 seconds you have your own ToolJar: please, try it out yourself!
I’m Damiano Venturin and I’m a passionate italian developer working in the information technology field for the last 18 years but I prefer to say that I deal with computers for far too long :)
I always worked with small and micro businesses of any kind: shops, artisans, designers, engineers, racing teams … whatever you can think about.
There are two common things among every small and micro business:
- the love that people put in to what they do
- the will to make it better day by day
Believe me, I know how hard it is to run a small business: daily tasks, customers care, employees and suppliers management, occasional accidents, taxes, bureaucracy... all this makes it harder to pursue the real mission of the company especially when there is no room for mistakes as it is nowadays.
My mission is to ease the life of business owners by providing effective and simple applications as I’m trying to do with ToolJar.
Why do I need your help?
Honestly, I strongly believe that small business can get advantages from ToolJar and its tools otherwise I wouldn’t invest thousands of working hours for free.
I’m asking you to believe in what I do and to help by sponsoring and advertising this project so that I can carry on the development: the more I raise the more I can develop.
Help me to help small business! :)
If this project is funded I expect to accomplish what’s described below in 6 months of hard work that will bring ToolJar and its tools to a stable version with a lot of new features.
At that time ToolJar will be delivered to the public at the price of 250$ per year. Funders, of course, have advantages as described below.
What you get
The funds raised will be used to improve both Contact Engine and MCB-SB and to add new tools.
By funding this project:
- you make your life easier
- you get the application for a lower price, saving money
- immediate access to the latest code available
- the possibility to interact and influence the development process
What you get in details
- upgrade to version 0.14 which is meant to be a bug-proof version of the current version plus new features like:
- scan and call feature: ( QR code for phone numbers )
- POI generator: all your contacts locations in your GPS in one click
- Excels exports: MCBSB contacts, the inventory, invoices and quotes can be saved in xls format for further analysis
SparkleShare goodies: your SparkleShare files linked to your contacts profiles. Have a look to this experiment
- Google Apps goodies: MCBSB gets connected to Google Apps to provide:
- contacts shared with your Google Contacts
- tasks and deadlines listed on your Google calendar
- your Google Drive files connected to your contacts profiles
- email tracker: for each contact you can see the email sent and received
- translation in italian and russian
It’s one of the new tools I want to complete.
It works with Contact Engine and synchronizes the contacts stored via MCBSB with Android, Iphone, BlackBerry, Nokia mobile devices and with Microsoft Outlook, without requiring a Google Account.
If you can not use ToolJar for yourself, you have the opportunity to help your friends by sharing this project using the many social sharing tools that this great platform makes available
Thank you in advance for all your help!