I have been attending Nats games since April 14, 2005. I have seen Teddy suffer vicious attacks and unfair disqualifications. After watching the ESPN E:60 report, I decided enough was enough. I am going to do something to help “Make Teddy Win”. I can’t control the race, but using principles from an idea called Game Theory, I can make it beneficial for those involved to at least consider letting him win a race.
All the money contributed to the Make Teddy Win fund will go to established charities.
• I vow that outside of any money taken by processing fees or other mandatory charges from Indigogo et al, all the donated will go to one of three places, all of which are extremely reputable charities: DC Central Kitchen, The Fisher House Foundation, and the Nationals Dream Foundation.
• All the money will be held in the Indigogo account until the last Nationals game of the season.
• 25% of the money will go to DC Central Kitchen.
• 25% of the money will go to the Fisher House Foundation.
The remaining 50% is where this gets fun. If at any point in the rest of the season Teddy wins a race (and it is officially recognized by the Nats, ie no disqualification), they get the remaining 50% donated to their official charity, the Nationals Dream Foundation with no strings attached. If Teddy fails to win a race the remaining money is split evenly between the two other charities mentioned above.
This is an opportunity to have some fun with Teddy’s losing streak and contribute to a couple of great causes in the process.
• I am willing to do whatever I can to show that 100% of the money raised will be distributed as I have mentioned above. If there are any recommendations on how I can assure people of this, please let me know.
• The two charities above have no involvement in this fundraiser in any way other than receiving the checks at the end of it. I picked them because I like their causes (helping wounded soldiers and feeding the hungry). I assume I don’t need anyone’s permission to give them money, but then this is DC and people has sent out their lawyers over lesser issues.
• The Nationals also have no involvement in this idea and no prior knowledge of this post.
Relevant other websites:
Fisher House Foundation http://www.fisherhouse.org/
DC Central Kitchen: http://www.dccentralkitchen.org/