Help Spread a Ripple of Kindness
Make Jen's Day started with a 3 week-old baby sleeping on the floor. Jennifer donated her bassinet to the baby's young mother and felt like she needed to do more to give back. She wrote a blog post asking for acts of kindness, compassion and caring instead of presents or birthday wishes from her friends, family and social media followers. Within 4 days, this resulted in 117 acts.
She took a step back and decided to take this initiatve to the next level. She is looking for 300 volunteers and $750 for a super secret kindness project on July 19-21st, 2013. The goal of this project is so showcase Edmonton as Canada's Kindest City.
What We Need
- We need super secret supplies for our kindness project. Instead of disclosing what we are doing, we decided to crowdsource funds.
- Each person/company who donates money (or time) will be featured in a blog post after the weekend. If you would like to donate anonymously, that will work too.
- Each donation will be recognized on the Make Jen's Day Twitter and Facebook accounts.
- If we go over our goal of $750, the remaining monies will go to a local charity.
The Impact You Make
If you have ever been the recipeint or initiator of a random act of kindness or compassion, you know how good it feels. It's amazing how much a kind act can ripple.
- You will initiate these ripples and help us showcase the amazing city we live in.
Other Ways You Can Help
- Volunteer! You can go to makejensday.com/volunteer right now and sign yourself/your friends and your family up to help. You can volunteer for all three days, just one day or even just an hour.
- Help us spread the word to get new volunteers and to secure funding.
Founder and Amplifier of Kindness