For those that doesn't know me, please take a look at my blog http://dantti.wordpress.com there you will find the many project I work on and contribute:
- My name is Daniel Nicoletti, I'm 27yo married and have a kid, I'm also a Linux enthusiast which loves to write applications with KDE/Qt technologies.
- This funding will allow me to work two months on making M$ Exchange support with KDE/Qt technologies a reality.
What I Need & What You Get
I need money (who doesn't?). Money will help me deal with my finacial issues, tho yes I do have a job, a good one, but still I had lot's of issues in the past which I'm trying to have then fixed.
The amount isn't high, but will allow for 2 months of developement of Litteras UI as well as libews-qt which allows to give other Qt based Mail clients support for Exchange.
What I will do:
- Get close to 100% of EWS protocol coverage.
- Get a good email client with support for dealing with emails/folders/contacts, notices that I didn't mention notes, tasks or calendar as I don't think I'll be able to do it too (there is a maybe still)
- For now no POP3 and IMAP is planned because I can't do that in a 2 month time frame, but my intention if this campaign goes well is to create another one for them.
- If the goal isn't reached this doesn't mean I won't continue this, but I'll then prioritise some other projects. I'd donate to myself as I really want such a project to succeed :D
Currently on Linux only Evolution Mail has EWS (Exchange Web Service) support, that's not cool for KDE users as well as for Qt projects aiming mobile world such as Plasma Active and Tizen, they can of course build their own solution but with libews-qt they would have an easy library for that.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean you can’t help:
There is already WORKING code for this, I needed to take a look at how hard would this be before I promise something.
So go grab the sources, test, fix, and have fun!
Here is an update on what I plan to do now, due to user feedback, of course there is now only some hours left, so I doubt it we will make it, but as I mentioned before if the goal is not reached I'll keep working on this but of course with much less priority than I'd if the goal was reached.
* Make libews-qt have it’s own repo
* Make libews-qt use KDSoap
* Cover more of the EWS API
* Implement an Akonadi resource for managing contacts
* _MAYBE_ Implement an Akonadi resource for managing calendar, if the above proves to be as easy as the docs say