Hi! I'm Lindy Gray, a songwriter and musician based in Vancouver. I've studied Indian Classical Music, Jazz, and have toured the West coast alongside folk Canadiana band Woodland Telegraph. I'm active in the folk/cabaret music scene and have worked with the Dusty Flowerpot Cabaret, The Vancouver New Music Society, and The Notsent Letters project to name a few. I sing ...play guitar ... and most recently took up the musical saw! Been busy in 2013 writing, recording, and filiming a music video! 'Lindy & the Crow's Nest' (my band) plan to hit the road this Spring on tour with the release of my EP and music video to help with promotion and booking along the way!
ABOUT MY EP
My anticipated 3 song EP ‘Ripe for Revival’ will be released in February 2014 with your help! Engineered by Scott Bell (Sound for Sigur Ros Tour 2013) and featuring some of Vancouver’s top indie artists Jack Garton (Maria in the Shower) and arranger Elliot Vaghaun (The End Tree).
"Each of Lindy's songs are complete worlds. This makes them rich vehicles to explore deep themes in an arresting balance of playfulness and darkness.”
ABOUT MY MUSIC VIDEO
With the guidance and imagination of director Shany Diaz, visual artist Annie Chivaroli and many more dedicated volunteers we bring you a video for my original song 'In Half' inspired by the 1920's silent film era. We've already filmed some key scenes and it's looking awesome so far!
WHERE YOUR FUNDING GOES
$5000 will cover the remaining costs to finish these 2 projects.
1. The EP:
- Final mix
2. The Music Video:
- Film and lighting equipment
- Venue rental
- Costumes, makeup & props
Post-procuction (i.e. editing)
YOUR IMPACT ON THIS PROJECT
Your contribution will help take my music to the next level!
“If you take any activity, any art, any discipline, any skill, take it and push it as far as it will go, push it beyond where it has ever been before, push it to the wildest edge of edges, then you force it into the realm of magic.
It is my goal to inspire and share my music with you!
OTHER WAYS YOU CAN HELP
1. Spread the word – SHARE my campaign video with your friends and family by copy and pasting the link beside the 'Share' button into FACEBOOK, TWITTER, EMAIL ...
2. LIKE my campaign – If you like what you hear/see click the facebook 'Like' button below the Lindy go go Campaign video. If I get enough likes my campaign could be featured on the Indiegogo Homepage!
3. VOLUNTEER - We need help on set! Inquire via e-mail for further details about shoot dates for the music video and ways you can help out firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Get in Touch - Are you looking to book live musical acts to perform in or near your hometown? Do you have connections to performance venues in Canada? We are looking to set up more gigs on our 2014 spring/summer tour. Please contact email@example.com
THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS HAPPEN!!!
Team on This Campaign: