The LimitlessLED smartbulbs can be controlled from remotely anywhere in your home.
Frequently changing your light bulbs may become a thing of the past. The LimitlessLED technology demonstrates up to 50,000 hours of useful life per smartbulb, which could mean changing your lightbulbs just two or three times in a lifetime.
The new lightbulbs are extremely hi-tech, containing both warm white and cool white capability in a single light bulb. The wireless remote allows the user to gradually change between the two colors and every smartbulb has a built in dimming feature that allows the user to remotely control the brightness in both warm white and cool white modes.
One of the most practical uses for LimitlessLED is its ability to group and switch large zones of multiple smartbulbs from multiple remotes, in many simultaneous combinations. This feature is great when used as a different channel for every room in your home or when used in commercial buildings where each channel can have up to 100 or more bulbs.
The LimitlessLED bulbs are cold enough to touch, even when at full brightness, therefore safer in young children’s rooms. The smartbulbs are unbreakable, so are safe in bedside lamps that are prone to be knocked over. There will be no more sweeping up broken glass.
The entire electrical and home automation industry has never before had the luxury of such capabilities in a simple light bulb. There will be no need for expensive installation of wall dimmers, extra wiring, or electrician fees. You just simply swap your existing light bulb.
The new smartbulb not only performs in efficiency, but delivers in aesthetics and lighting performance. Within the 180degree down and outward field of light produced by the LimitlessLED, the brightness achieved is more than a standard 60W incandescent bulb. This is more than adequate for recessed lighting, dome lighting, hanging lights and in some cases even chandelier lighting. The high quality 7.5W LimitlessLED bulb easily outshines 60W incandescent bulbs at an equivalent 800Lumens.
• 3 Step Quick and Easy setup for Remotes.
1) Just replace existing light bulbs
2) Turn the light bulb on, and within 2 seconds, press the button on the remote you wish to securely syncronize the light bulb with.
3) Continue doing this for all lights and all remotes in your home.
• 3 Step Quick and Easy setup for iOS and Androids.
1) Power on the Limitless base station
2) Setup WiFi using your web browser
3) Run the LimitlessLED App on your smartphone, turn the light bulb on, and within 2 seconds, press the button on the screen you wish to securely syncronize the light bulb with.
GET YOUR PERK NOW. FOR 4 LimitlessLED is just $18.50 per lightbulb.>>
“I’m still a bit blown away by your light bulbs, after seeing them in action, quite a bit of potential there!” –Roger Shaw, Business Banking Manager.
“Innovative technology that will light our future” –Samsung LED
“I cannot wait so that I can start showing it to my contacts” – Ken, JPMorgan Chase, Business Banking Team.
Create Your Ambience. It's as Easy as Installing an App.
Limitless LED is the first affordable wireless LED light bulb built for the 21st century • You can wirelessly command all the 2.4Ghz wireless Limitless LED lights in your home, controlling the brightness, the ambience, and even switching them on and off. We are using dedicated Warm White LEDs and dedicated Cool White LEDs because we wanted the richest cool whites and warmest whites as possible, unlike RGB where the whites are washed out. We also use solid state memory to keep your settings even when the bulb is removed from the mains socket for example when you move house if you are renting! and even keeps settings when the handheld remote batteries are removed. Like most normal TV remotes, our remote also lasts many years on a single set of batteries.
Only the best technology • This is not some cheap direct infrared wireless that you can find in the shops. Nor is it some cheap LED controller that requires transformers for your ceiling lights.
We are using highspeed 2.4Ghz wireless microchips INSIDE each light bulb.The future is in your hands •We are also working with Eric Migicovsky and his Pebble smartwatch team to bring you this quick and easy control over your lighting.
Imagine coming home from work and as you enter the GPS area of your house or your local WiFi, your phone gives you a message “Welcome Home, would you like to turn your Lights on?” you press an ok button and the pebble app feeds a message back to the smart box in the home, and turns on the Kitchen and Lounge lights.
As you go to sit down in front of a movie for the evening, you open an app on the Pebble that contains a list of rooms in the house to dim or turn off the lights. You select Lounge lights, and select “Dim Lounge Lights to 50%?”
As you go to bed, and you look at your watch from in bed, and it says “Bedroom Lights Off?” and you select the button on the watch, and it instructs the pebble app to send a command to the http server in the house, and it wirelessly turns off the lights in your room.
“An amazing application of Pebble” - Eric Migicovsky
“The SmartThings iPhone App will be free up to 100 light bulbs and things per hub limit, for Kickstarter backers as a special benefit.” - The SmartThings Team.
Green LED technology meets the Cloud on iPhone.
SmartThings needs more "things". Before now, it was only destined to control your desk lamps via a battery operated wireless socket, But Now with the wireless Limitless LED you can control your main home lighting via the Limitless Smart base station and SmartThings hub.
Pebble smartwatch has a very bright future.. especially now that it will be able to control your Limitless LED Lights wirelessly.
Your Infrared TV remote when used with the Android Base station will be able to control your wireless lights, and the Android base station will be able to control your TV via infrared.
The world is opening up.
Open Standards • We believe nothing should be tied into one supplier; everyone should integrate and play together. Our smart box uses open standards, and is a totally open platform allowing other future smart lights and other smart devices in the home to communicate with our box. It also uses an opensource operating system so that you can totally customize it to your needs.
Only the fastest technology • This is not some cheap software thrown together in a few days. We have been refining the software for many months. We take a lot of pride in testing and monitoring the speed and performance after every new introduction of code into our code base. We measure everything down to milliseconds. We love the speed of Google, so we want to ensure the speed of lighting control is also within milliseconds. Our LED technology and software gives instantaneous Full Brightness On, way faster than any incandescent or energy saver bulbs.
Smarter, Greener – let’s do our part.
Highest Efficiency • We didn’t just settle for low efficiency; we aimed high and have designed it at 75Lumen per Watt, which is a great achievement for the latest LED technology. Each Wireless Limitless LED light bulb will last over 50,000 hours according to Limitless Designs LLC Testing Labs, and Samsung LED testing labs, based on 9,000hrs of testing and logarithmic extrapolation to L70 (70% LED light performance as per USA industry standard measurement guidelines)
You will save over $319 in electricity costs per lightbulb
x12 Lightbulbs = $3828 dollars in SAVINGS!
60Watt Standard LightBulb
1,095hrs (3hrs per day) x 0.060kWh x 11c/kWh = $7.28
1,095hrs (3hrs per day) x 0.0075kWh x 11c/kWh = $0.90
LED lights contain no toxic material, no mercury nor lead, and can be safely recycled to recover valuable materials, such as copper and aluminum, at the end of their lifespan. LED lights emit no ultraviolet or infrared radiation, which means our bulbs won't damage your artworks, merchandise or artifacts over time.
We tested our LimitlessLED bulbs to extreme conditions in the labs. They are flame and ignition resistant all the way up to 1200DegF and beyond! Cap strength tested at >4000V! Insulation resistance between current-carrying metal parts of the cap and accessible parts of the lamp are >4MegaΩ! The cap remains firmly attached when subjected to torque levels of more than 26.5inch pounds of force!
LimitlessLED Wireless Smartbulbs are the leading edge technology for LED.
Worldwide base fitting support, get your perks now, we will get your feedback for the style you want at the end of the campaign.
Uses the latest in 2012 Advanced Electronics
This is Limitless Designs version 2 of the LimitlessLED circuitry. Our latest version 3 contains more SamsungLED chips for better heat distribution, supreme longevity, and faster wireless.
NATIVE iPhone and Android Apps
We believe the best performance and responsiveness comes only from native Smartphone apps, meaning you get a separate custom app for iPhone; iPad; Android; and Android Tablets, giving all the latest features designed specifically for each device, not just a slow generic web interface.
DEVELOPERS, PROGRAMMERS, and HOBBYISTS
Other developers can connect their device or smarthub to take control of the LimitlessLED smartbulbs. Our exclusive indiegogo android smart base station is fully admin enabled by default so that developers can create their own customized software. Just send us an email, we would love to hear about your ideas and projects, we will help out where we can.
LIMITLESS ANDROID BASE STATION• Rockchip Dual-Core >1.0Ghz CPU, Android 4.0, DDR3 1GB RAM
• 12GB Solid State File Storage (4GB Internal + 8GB MicroSD)
• Built-in WiFi and 2.4Ghz RF.
• Built-in Infrared Receiver - The infrared receiver can learn your TV remote for the buttons you would like to assign to which ever lights in the home you like.
• 2x USB ports… for Bluetooth or Keyboard or Mouse or 3G or TXT or IR sender.
• Standard HDMI output for 1080P TV and standard PC monitors.
• Power Adapter (US, UK, AU, NZ)
• Ethernet Network RJ45 port
You can plug this android base station into your tv to also get internet, games, and lighting control from your tv.
We will Film interesting videos and updates for Backers.
This will be like MythBusters filming for LED! :)
• Our LED lights are practically unbreakable. Don’t take our word for it, we’ll try it out and film it for you. We will do drop tests from a 10 storey building! Maybe even from a swing bridge!
• Surface temperature of the LED dictates the life of the bulb. We will film surface temperatures of the LED at different altitudes. How about top of a mountain! Or in the hot sun!
• How about a 30 day Time lapse video of continuous LimitlessLED on/off bulb cycles.
• How far can the wireless stretch. From the top of a treehouse down the road?
From inside the letterbox? What effect, if any, does walls and appliances have on wireless. A fridge? A microwave? A concrete wall?
• Video film of getting comparing lumens from our Limitless LED to common household bulbs.
• How to Measure LED energy use, x20 LED bulbs.
• Measure of LUX, CRI color index film.
Anything else our backers want us to try out and film...
Background and Experience
We are a project team led by Hamish Ahern, Project Manager and Founder of Limitless Designs LLC.
Jon Drenas from Fountain Valley – Los Angeles; assisting with shipping, storage, staffing, and logistics.
Matt Minnell from Bay Of Plenty, New Zealand. has extensive experience in broadcasting industry including radio and television and in LED screens and LED Video walls.
Hamish Ahern is from the beach town of Mt Maunganui, New Zealand, has a Degree in Computer Science and is a Lead Software programmer, Systems Analyst and qualified+experienced Project Manager, with over 15 years experience in technology. Our team has proven experience in electronic design, engineering of circuit boards, usb, bluetooth, and wifi modules for motorsport and performance vehicles. EvoScan Datalogger is a project that our team succeeded to design & build a great looking, highly functional product, which included circuit boards for high-speed communication with vehicle computers, and most specifically for Mitsubishi EvoX’s. This also included the design, build and testing of the world’s first in-car touch screen system using USB technology to communicate directly with factory vehicle ECUs. That project was called EvoScan Navigator, which graphically displays; logs; alarms; in full color live vehicle gauges on a 5inch touch screen in front of the driver. The EvoScan Navigator is working with high-tech electronic sensors and communications protocols, similar to the information an F1 race car has.
Everyone in the project team brings experienced skills such as Java, Xcode, C++, Accounting, Product design & build, Management and Logistics experience.
at each level of 5,000 backers, we will activate one or more additional features.
• Everyone will get clear decal sticker ‘Room Name’ labels for their remotes.
• We will ramp up Pebble smartwatch support faster and earlier.
• We will ramp up SmartThings support faster and earlier. Smart Things Presence sensor will activate the lights for you when you arrive, and turn off when you leave.
• New Circuit board design with 24 internal LEDs instead of 20 LEDs. Increase lighting efficiency and brightness.
• USB Infrared sender for Pebble or iPhone to mute and control your TV from the base station.
• USB Infrared sender for Thermostat and AirCon control from the base station using your Pebble or SmartPhone.
• NEST Thermostat control via the Limitless Smart Base Station including Pebble support.
• USB Infrared receiver for learning TV remotes to control your lighting. So that you can assign any buttons on your standard TV remote to control the lights.
• Everyone gets a 2-channel 2.4Ghz wireless keyring remote.• Everyone gets a findme beeper in every remote.
• 1 more wireless remote color option.
• 2 more Limitless base station color options.
• Random turn-on lights software added to the remote firmware, to give your home a lived in look when you are away on holiday.
• Motion Sensor in the remote to activate the lights when you enter the room.
• Light Sensor in the remote to activate the lights when it gets dark.
• More wireless keyring remote color options.
• A 2.4Ghz receiver module that can unlock and start your Car from your Pebble or iPhone via the Limitless base station.
• A 2.4Ghz receiver module that can activate your garage door from your Pebble or iPhone via the Limitless base station.
• Software to Make your lights dim to the music from iTunes
Perks and Rewards
Perks are available on the right hand side of the page >>
With your support and backing we will be able to “Kick Start Up”
• “Power Up” our quality manufacturing in large quantities.
• “Super Combo” Fully test our circuit boards and assemble in large quantities.
• “Feed and Water” our Industry leading Software development team.
• “Friendly Co-op Mode” to gain USA FCC/EMC/UL certification.
Thanks, we hope you will join us.
We are a team with Huge ideas, that are really excited about this project.
Back us now! we have some great Perks...>>
Risks and Challenges
We are an experienced electronics manufacturer and internet sales company for USA and Worldwide. But as with anything there is always an element of risk. We are a long way past pre-production, testing, and stress testing stages, so we have eliminated a huge portion of product design risks already. We will bring your product to you as quickly and cost effectively as possible, and will keep all backers in the loop with anything unforseen. Current Project Status: EXCELLENT/GREEN.
UPDATE: Kickstarter's new rules as at 20th Sept 2012 no longer allow 3D renders and they do not allow multiple quantities, so here we are, bringing you our LimitlessLED live to you on Indiegogo...
UPDATE: Media Images Download here.
Click the Gallery tab above for more Demo videos.