Please support independent LGBT media!
LGBTQ Nation launched in 2010 as an independent, gay-owned news source for the LGBT community. We had no big media conglomerates backing us or supporting us, but our small, dedicated team has built LGBTQ Nation into the most followed LGBT news magazine.
But now we need your help!
Currently, advertising revenue supports fixed costs, but we need your help to continue to provide and expand our coverage of topics and issues important to the LGBT community, such as: marriage equality, hate crimes, LGBT youth, state and local news, politics, and national and world headlines.
In short, online advertising revenue is not a sustainable model for maintaining or growing our news organization. So instead, we'd simply like to ask for your voluntary contributions to keep our news magazine running, and to keep if free for those who can't afford to donate.
If you have the means, we'd appreciate any contribution -- small or large -- to help support LGBTQ Nation.
And here's how we'll use your donations:
Where we're headed, with your help:
With your help, 2013 will bring about exciting changes at LGBTQ Nation.
- We'll be joining the Associated Press, an international news cooperative that will give us instant access to news reports and pictures from reporters on the ground in every state and around the globe. So when news of importance to the LGBT community breaks, LGBTQ Nation will be your leading source.
- We'll be expanding our partnerships with regional LGBT print and digital publications, to bring readers expanded coverage from the publications that live and work in their communities everyday.
- We'll be increasing our coverage of the Arts, and LGBT communities around the nation.
- And we'll continue to maintain a stable website by upgrading our server to handle continued growth in traffic.
With more than 157,000 followers on Facebook, and a growing audience on Twitter, Google Plus, Tumblr, Pinterest and YouTube, we aspire to inform and educate the LGBTQ community on the news, issues and policy makers that affect our community.
Becoming the nation's most followed LGBT news magazine is a wonderful honor, but also an awesome responsibility. And we don't take that lightly. We value the trust our readers and followers have placed in us, and this campaign is about living up to and buiding upon that trust.
You want a serious, no-nonsense, LGBT news site, and that's what we strive to deliver every day. We appreciate your help!
Other Ways You Can Help
We know that some people just can’t contribute, and that's OK. But that doesn’t mean you can’t help:
- Help get the word out and make some noise about our campaign.
- Or visit LGBTQ Nation and share the stories you like with your friends on Facebook and Twitter
- Our drop us line, give us some feedback, or send a news tip!
Co-Founder and Managing Editor