Our Lunch Lady Needs YOUR help!
My name is David Magee and I am a 4th grade teacher at a local elementary school in Washington D.C.
Rita Poge faithfully served meals to our students for almost two decades. She has lived her life as a caring, good, and honest person.
Recently, she lost her house in a fire. Only days later, her car was stolen from the hotel that she and her family were staying in. Now, Rita and husband, along with their two daughters and grand daughter, have to start over.
Insurance is going to rebuild their house and walls, but in 4 months they will be moving into a house that is completely empty and they do not have the resources for beds, linens, clothing, dishes, glasses, flatware, crockery, appliances, etc.
As Rita was leaving our school, we told her that she would always be a part of our family. While we regret that she faces this problem, we need to remind ourselves that this is a problem that WE CAN FIX!
How can you help?
- We are trying to collect $5000 over the next 60 days.
- That works out to $83.00 each day. (Or a pair of nice shoes)
- Your donation will go towards the numerous expenses that are involved in providing for a family of 5.
- If you can't give, you can try to find friends who can.
- If you are local to Washington, D.C. you can reach out to donate home furnishings.
- Rita has worked hard throughout her life; she deserves this reversal of fortune.
- The legacy of your work will help 3 generations who share a roof to know that there is a community out there that can help them.
- Our effort will spare them the pain of a disruptive transition when they move in 4 to 6 months
"I'm sorry, but I just can't afford to."
~That's ok, we understand... but if you know someone who can afford to help, can you send them our way?
Thank you for your support.
~David Magee and Rita Poge
Coworker and Friend