Laced In Ink is a complex creative project, that will transform an empty space into a work of art that a viewer can literally step into. Laced In Ink will be the home base of a conglomerate of freelance or contract illustrators, graphic designers, photographers, and tattoo artists. The studio will be a place to not only get tattooed, but a place to gather inspiration, see friendly faces, listen to music, make art, and hang out. This collaborative project can be a staple in the community while fusing traditional forms of art including illustration, interior, graphic, and spatial design. How much artwork is actually a full body experience that surrounds its viewers and stimulates all the senses?
Hello! I am Jeremiah, Jere for short, originally from Philadelphia, PA, but currently residing in the Mitten (Ann Arbor, MI). I went to the University of Michigan, School of Art & Design and graduated in 2009 with a Bachelor's of Fine Art. Illustration is my passion, I love making art, tattoos, and my friends. You can see my artwork and portfolio at [ http://www.grizzly-jere.com ] and to see my daily sketches and artwork find me on Instagram @iamcatalyst.
I'm Meredith. Some people call me Megadeath. I am a perfectionist who loves imperfection. I like drawing, shading, photography, metal, forests, fairy tales, and using my imagination whenever possible, each are apart of my heart. Without art I am nothing.
- We have love, passion, and drive for what we do and want to be creative full time. We want to help people visualize their ideas, and breathe life into them. Motivation, ambition, and deterination empower us.
- Laced In ink is simple in nature, but multifaceted in concept and will be so much more than a place to get inked. It will be an all-in-one creative studio space, tattoo shop, gallery, and classroom.
- $22,000 is a large sum of money, but it takes the same amount of energy to dream big as it does to dream small. We are reaching for the stars.
- To be able to design every part of the shop down to the smallest detail would allow for maximum creativity. For example, custom wallpaper, upholstrey, cabinetry, lighting, and moulding are all going to be apart of this larger picture. We believe that everything should be considered when tackling a project of this size. We will transform an empty space into a work of art that a viewer can be completely surrounded by.
- More specifically, the funds will go towards securing a space, renovations, construction, building materials, and object fabrication. We want to transform an empty space into a colorful work of art where white is only an accent color.
- The funds will also help us acquire an LLC and State & Health Department Licences. We want our shop standards to be the best they possibly can be.
- Each of our perks come with a hand written thank you note that is a small work of art, collaborated on by Meredith and I. All perks will be limited edition and are never to be reproduced again. Take a look, there is something for everyone.
- Even if we are unable reach our funding goal we still can move foward with a smaller version of our biggest dreams. Our funding goal is for a no-holds-bar and brightest version of Laced In Ink.
Here are some images of what we would like to transform the space into:
- This may be our idea, but there is something for everyone.
- We want to create a whole new breed of creative art studio and tattoo shop. Our goal is to help all people that come to the studio whether they are getting tattooed or just there for inspiration or contract work.
- At the heart of our tattoo shop we will embody above and beyond customer service. Going to a tattoo shop/art studio can be a uncomfortable especially for first timers. Laced In Ink will have a comfortable and friendly atmosphere making each tattoo experience as stress free as possible. We want it to be a place where people will want to be apart of, just come to say hello, hang out, and have fun. Hopefully one day it will be a staple in the community, a place to see art, and source of many forms of inspiraton.
- From the second someone walks in we will engage them and find out what they want and how we can achieve their goal. We plan on giving complimentary aftercare packages to each tattoo client/guest. Being paperless as far as the adminstrative part of the the shop is another aspect we will be striving to make a reality. We will make sure it is okay to contact each person a few weeks after their appointments to follow up on how well their tattoo is healing and if they would like to schedule a touch up appointment if necessary. Lastly, we will host a closed party for our clients to have their tattoos photographed and documented. Not only will our clients be able to network and meet other people, but also we will able to get to know them as friends.
- Further more, on top of being a place you can get tattooed, gain inspiration, and have your ideas visualized we would like to give back to young and emerging artists. We want to work closely with University of Michigan, School of Art & Design students. To give back and help students gain experience in a successful art environment would be gratifying. We have many ideas from basic to complex. At the very least art students can just use the space to do artwork, homework, study, and observe a professional art setting. The next step from there would be to feature the work of one University of Michigan, School of Art & Design, senior art student's work once a month. Long term we would like to eventually host a work study program if possible and maybe even an internship for credit through the school.
- Lastly, Meredith and I would both like to acquire teaching certificates so we can host a variety of art classes for all ages. We are thinking in the moment, but are also considering the future and the things to come.
- As much as Laced In Ink is our idea, it's for everyone to be apart of. We are reacing out to art lovers, tattoo enthusiasts, makers, creators, and people of all ages. Help make this dream a reality. Thank you for looking and if you see something you like, please pass it along and share it with your friends and family.
Inkspiller, Tattoo Artist, & Heart