KidWideWeb - Revolutionizing the way Children Experience the Web
Statistics Don't Lie
Studies show that kids start surfing pornography as young as five years old and by the time they are teenagers four out of five have regularly spent time on inappropriate sites.
The average age of first exposure to Internet pornography is 9, some as early as 5—onenewsnow.com
Teens spend in excess of 87 hours a year looking at porn online—The Daily Mail
One in five children online is approached by a sexual predator—Dateline NBC
The results of parents inability to deal with this issue can be tragic: Her teen committed suicide over ‘sexting’: Cynthia Logan’s daughter was taunted about photo she sent to boyfriend—MSNBC.com
What Options Do Parents Have?
Parents should talk openly and often to their kids about their internet use, about both the benefits and its pitfalls. Parents should personally monitor their children's internet use and history at least once a week, if not more. And parents should attempt to control their children's internet use by installing some kind of internet security software or parental controls. The problem is that despite parents' best efforts, their diligence is often thwarted by the use of substandard internet security products and parental controls that use ineffective and often outdated filtering technologies.
MORE ABOUT THE PROBLEM
Since the internet does not have a ratings system for its sites, like with motion pictures, the question becomes: from predators to porn to cyber-bullying, as parents and responsible adults, how do we deal with our children’s unfettered access to the internet? So far, no internet security technology has adequately addressed these very serious problems. There is no internet program that differentiates the age of the internet user and that does not make sense because a 6yr old sees the world very differently than a 9yr old, and a 9yr old sees it much different than a 12yr old, so they shouldn't have the same internet access. And that is why we have developed the KidWideWeb.
Our mission is to give our children the opportunity to experience all of the benefits and wonderment of the internet, in an age-appropriate environment, while shielding our children from dangerous, inappropriate content and communications.
The KidWideWeb, several years in the making, is an application that provides safe, age appropriate Internet access to children while shielding them from all malicious content and communications. To achieve this goal, KWW is backed by a team of educators, technology experts, and concerned parents who have spent countless hours working to make this vision a reality. KWW is now working with IDEAS of Orlando, a former division of Disney Studios and also the University of Central Florida(UCF) as part of their award-winning Business Development Program.
With powerful allies such as these, ongoing support from our existing base, and with your help in pushing us over the edge, we will surely make this vision a reality.
To achieve this goal, KWW employs a multi-prong strategy featuring a security component, on-line policy control and safe social networking. The security component is achieved through our proprietary Wizard Lock Security, which restricts access by throwing a protective bubble around your child while on the internet, making it virtually impossible for your child to land in an inappropriate site.
This security feature is also different from other filtering products in that it does not try to interpret ever-changing content coming from a dynamic Internet to determine whether the content is safe or not. Instead, the application will restrict access to trusted content that has been reviewed and approved by trained analysts and an active artificial intelligence model that automates the approval system. The approval system is divided by age and the software is separately designed for age groups of 4 to 6, 7 to 8, 9 to 10, 11 to 12, and 13 to 14. The content for KWW is a blend of Internet technologies including HTML, Flash and streaming media (some features being redesigned and added near term). The approved content is categorized and matched to the child so that the child receives age-appropriate content and sites that include games, education, sports, secure email, secure chat, secure text, and secure social media. While the access includes millions of web pages and sites, the key phrase here again is “age appropriate”.
By simply entering a code, parents have the ability to override the controls in KWW and may turn off security to allow open, unfettered access to the Internet. And this can be done remotely. In addition, parents can override the content restrictions within KWW to allow a child to view specific content not on KWW’s age-appropriate content listing, or parents can further restrict access.
For a more detailed description and sample of our award-winning, patent pending technology, please click on the Gallery link above for our corporate/parent video
As a company, we believe so strongly that parents and our children need the KidWideWeb, our officers and directors, family and friends, have contributed over $1 million to help us develop our secure internet platform. We need only $200,000 more to upgrade our software and redesign our interface in order to complete what we started several years ago.
The updates and redesign will be accomplished by a group of highly talented and skilled technology experts, aided by our strategic partnership with IDEAS of Orlando, a former division of Walt Disney Inc., and through our participation in the University of Central Florida’s award-winning Business Incubator Program. IDEAS gives us the creative expertise that only a Disney experienced group can provide, and UCF's Incubation Program gives us access to the university's extensive resources, including its programming talent pool, its cutting edge equipment and technology, as well as its numerous business affiliations and partnerships. Together, with your help and contributions, we can make the internet safer, for all of our children. The KidWideWeb- "Taking Control of the Internet, One Child at a Time!!"
How do I get the product and can I use it on a cell phone?
- The software will be available to download off our site and it will be available on all media platforms including desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile phones, and gaming systems
Do I need to get more than one subscription if I have 2 or more kids?
NO, one subscription should be all you need per household. It can be downloaded to 3 separate devices and used for up to 6 logins per device...that is a desktop can handle 6 different users, with 6 separate logins and accesses. More than one person can share the same login, but they will then have the same internet access. A single subscription is designed to accommodate most every family size.
As a parent, do I need a secure login and what access will I have?
- Yes, any person sharing the same internet device, will need his own login as he/she tries to access the internet. Once the internet is requested, a login screen will appear. For a parent or adult, logging in will automatically turn off all security features and the full internet will be at your disposal.
Is the system subject to being hacked?
- Our system is a completely closed system in that the only sites available are there because we put them there. Since the system has been built from the ground up and we are not using filters, which by their very nature can be circumvented (just google "how to hack and insert the name of any filtering technology "), our system is virtually impossible to hack. If an attempt is made to circumvent the security software, the internet "breaks" figuratively, and will not work at all until an administrator, or a parent, resets the system. The parent then immediately gets a notification as to what sites were trying to be accessed and what areas were attempted to be compromised.
What about viruses and malware?
- Since our system contains only the sites that we have approved, and those sites get checked for virus and malware before they are added to our content pool, it is unlikely that any of our sites will contain any viruses or malware.
Can we guarantee the security of the sites?
- With the ever-changing world of the internet where the good guys are always trying to keep up with the bad guys, it is impossible to guarantee. However, since our model is differentiated from all others in that we do not filter sites, but rather add them from a clean slate, we feel confident that our system gives the user the best and most consistent access to only those sites that are requested and nothing else.
How quickly can changes and access be made and access granted, if needed?
- Changes can be made and access granted remotely, in seconds, from any internet enabled device.
How much will it cost?
- Our preliminary pricing is set at $9.99 per month, per household. Each household can use this subscription for a maximum of 3 devices depending on the plan. For example, use on a laptop, tablet, and cell phone...all for the one price.
Team on This Campaign: