PeopleTowels is going back to school with a new eco-habit campaign that will save 130 million trees and help stop filling landfills with used paper towels.
We are raising money to give thousands of free PeopleTowels -- along with environmental and cultural themed lesson plans -- to kids in schools and clubs around the country. With Kids 4 the Planet, PeopleTowels is introducing kids to the decades-old Japanese custom of using personal hand towels rather than paper towels. The campaign is asking kids to enter a design competition for a new line of PeopleTowels that will be given away to kids in schools, clubs or organizations nominated in the campaign.
Just like the canvas shopping bags and metal water bottles everyone now carries, PeopleTowels are designed for portability. The custom-made fabric is absorbent, yet it dries quickly for on-the-go use. The winning art is expected to be a fun, whimsical design that will be printed with eco-friendly dyes, to encourage the B.Y.O.Towel™ habit. Convenient hangtags even allow kids to clip or loop PeopleTowels to a backpack or tuck into lunch bags or bento boxes.
The Kids 4 the Planet program has two parts:
1. We want kids to design our PeopleTowels!
In the fall of 2012, we will launch a Kids 4 the Planet National Art Project for kids ages 8-18. We want children to submit their vision of what trees mean to them, their neighborhood, their future, and the planet. Several of the children’s designs will be chosen to print on PeopleTowels as part of our free school distribution.
2. We're giving away thousands of Free PeopleTowels!
From January 2013 to Earth Day in April 2013, PeopleTowels will distribute free PeopleTowels to children around the country. Each distribution will include teacher lesson plans about trees and their importance to the environment, as well as a closer look at another country’s culture and customs.
We are a small start-up trying to change the world, one child, one paper towel at a time.
The more you pledge, the more kids we reach!
We’re raising $100,000 for this initial national roll-out
That way, over 15,000 children will receive Free PeopleTowels plus a lesson plan on the environment and a look at different cultures’ green habits.
Here's how we're spending the funding:
1. Manufacture and print special edition Kids 4 the Planet PeopleTowels
2. To advertise, promote and administer the Kids 4 the Planet art program to schools nationwide and get as many kids involved as possible in sending their designs
3. Create and distribute instructor lesson plans for different age groups
4. Ship PeopleTowels to selected schools, clubs and children’s organizations.
5. Donate a portion of the rewards to plant trees through the nonprofit Trees for the Future
PLEASE Help Us Promote our Project and Spread the Word!
- Email your friends, family, colleagues, and neighbors and include the link to our Indiegogo page. The more people who see our Indiegogo page, the more likely we are to meet our goal and save 130 million trees!
- Help our little Tree Mascot go viral – Share her videos on YouTube.
- Post our Indiegogo page link on your Facebook, or LinkedIn pages and encourage people to make a donation.
- Tweet about our Indiegogo project, include our link, and encourage people to make a donation.
- Email or call your local newspaper or radio station and encourage them to report on the Kids 4 the Planet national art contest
- Write a post about our project on your blog, include our link, and encourage people to make a donation.
Thank You Everyone…
Change is at hand for our kids, our trees AND the landfills!