We're showing the world green energy works best when it belongs to everyone!
- We're the SF Energy Co-op, and we're a team of political organizers and budding solar experts. Check us out at sfenergycooperative.com/staff/
- Our cooperative needs to get a pilot project putting solar on our neighborhood center up and running so we can raise membership around it and show other neighborhoods how they can get together on profitable solar projects too.
- One after another, we can seed community-funded solar projects and spread the cooperative solar model all over the state, the nation and the world. If we can show that anyone can own a piece of solar and get a decent return on even a tiny investment, we can jumpstart a green energy revolution- without waiting on huge energy corporations or top-down government initiatives.
Help us grow a solar seed...
- We need $25000 dollars to put a down payment on our pilot installation and make our local neighborhood center solar. We'll use it as a test case to educate the Bay Area about our unique mission and use funds to raise our membership around solar projects through community awareness efforts like canvassing, promotional materials and events.
- These indiegogo contributions aren't memberships- just seed money to get us on the map. But people who do become members and contribute to the solar resource fund become part owners of our new kind of energy company- and get profits from their investment. Our contributors here will get mentions in our newsletter, goodies like bumper stickers, and some will even get their names put up in the neighborhood center as sponsors of our pilot project.
- If we don't reach our target in its entirety, we'll still put the majority of funds aside as a down payment for the pilot installation, and use what's left to meet our membership goals and fund the installation through membership sales.
...into a society of energy farmers
If we can provide viable proof of concept for the energy cooperative, neighborhood centers, schools, and libraries are just the beginning. With a good model that allows anyone to put something into solar and see returns over time, we can change the way we think about energy.
- Your contribution directly funds a green energy installation, helping our neighborhood become cleaner, greener and more conscious of its power to change the world.
- In a larger sense, you'll help us provide proof that this concept is viable anywhere- a template for changing the world, one rooftop, one power bill at a time.
- We've got numbers to back up our projections and a solid plan. Check it out on our website at www.sfenergycooperative.com/how-it-works/san-fr...
Contributions are key, but we need promotional help too.
- Share our campaign on your fb wall, twitter feed, blog or other social media platforms.
- Use Indiegogo's sharing tools
- And hey, if you live in California, why not join the Co-op by visiting sfenergycooperative.com/membership/ ?
Memberships are just ten bucks a year, and contributing to the resource fund will help us build projects and net you dividends.