Who are we and what is Jcam Engine 2?
I am Seth Hope, the lead developer at Jcam Technologies. Recently, we have run into some problems with flexability in the use of engines such as Unity and UDK, so we decided to start off and make our own!
The team and I are actively developing Jcam Engine 2 with ease of use in mind. Jcam Engine 2 will be written in C++/openGL and will feature Bullet Physics. The project is intended to have a custom script loader/interpreter, built-in level loader/editor and will have a cusom modding API.
What We Need & What You Get
Jcam Engine 2 will be released as an opensource engine when it is finished and will be actively updated until a new engine is made. The drawback, however, to making the project free opensource is that we do not get the money we need to produce the engine in the first place. That is where you come in.
What we need and why:
- $500 to pay everyone involved with the project
- $250 for release prices on release sites (steam, desura, etc)
- $500 to pay for hosting costs and domain costs
- $10 - Play on!
- You get a free Windows copy of Spectre Detector!
- $15 - Donating Dynamo
- You your name on the website as a DONOR as well as your name in the credits of Time Machine as a Contributor.
- $25 - The Gift that Keeps Giving
- You get a half hour, exclusive interview with the developers AND everything above!
- $50 - You Truly are a Kind Soul
- You get a signed mini-poster from Time Machine hand signed by Seth or Gabe as well everything from Donating Dynamo.
- $100 - We Can't Thank You Enough!
- You get everything from "You Truly are a Kind Soul" PLUS an exclusive, only-for-you song written by Seth!
- $500 - Welcome to the Family!
- You get everything above PLUS a hand-written, personalized thank-you letter signed by all of the developers AND Producer credits on the website and in the documentation for the engine.
Other Ways You Can Help
So you want to help? Well, you can click that nice Like, Tweet, or +1 button above! Sometimes sharing is better than actually contributing! You can also click below to check out our website, or follow us on Twitter!