- Manipulation - Adapt and shift the architecture of Arachnopolis to your advantage as you solve puzzles and outwit your foes.
- Stealth - Killing is never an option. The only thing that can guarantee your success, let alone your survival, is your ability to outsmart those who would do you harm.
- Exploration - Dive into an intricately designed, open world, cyberpunk metropolis and meet the shadowy inhabitants ready to help, hire, or kill you in the four districts of Arachnopolis.
- Discovery - As you search the neon city for a way out of the conflict that's destroyed your life, uncover the truth behind the city, its shady inhabitants, and the Interferers themselves.
(Other mirrors here)
About the Playground: Arachnopolis
Interference isn't just another stealth platformer in the style of Mark of the Ninja, Gunpoint, or Stealth Bastard. I love these games, but I want to create my own with a fully-realized and immersive universe that's free from the boundaries of defined levels.
In Interference, like in Metroidvanias, players freely explore the city of Arachnopolis while progressively unlocking access to more districts and eventually gaining entry to the entire city.
About the Storyline
It all seemed like a regular night of work.
You're sitting in your apartment droning at the computer when suddenly a blackout sweeps the entire area. You go to the roof to check the main generator. As you approach, you see someone standing in front of it.
Who is he? What is he doing?
You don't get the chance to find out.
As soon as he sees you he's gone, and seconds later a robotic police unit descends and arrests you for causing the blackout.
You don't know it yet, but your only way out is with the cyberterrorist group known as the Interferers.
About the Gameplay
1- Stealth-oriented platformer
2- Puzzle mechanics
It lets you:
- Re-design parts of the world in order to create exits and escape routes
- Make permanent alterations to the city's architecture.
- Connect to networks in order to read and rewrite data packages.
... but when you're using the Glitcher, you're opening yourself up to virtual attacks.
What's the press saying?
Indie Gaming Mag: Interference "Looks Beautiful"
- Indie Statik: Interference "is the coolest thing"
- Destructoid: Interference is "wholly unique, and certainly intriguing"
- Cinema Blend: "the team did an amazing job making the world and characters feel alive"
- Kotaku AU: "Interference is Flashback for a new generation"
Who is developing this game?My name is Anthony Beyer (alias Sinok426), 28 years old.
I've been working as a graphic designer, then as a concept artist and 3D artist (on Modern Combat 3, Modern Combat 4, Asphalt 6, Dungeon Hunter 3). I'm now a freelance graphic designer and a game developer.
The music of the game is handled by 2 awesome composers: Music Vortex and Ryan Ike.
Which platforms will be supported?
Windows PC and Mac OSX for sure. Linux is also planned, but for this I need to buy an update of the engine I use for Interference (Unity upgrade costs approx. 750$).
When will the game be finished?
My goal is to have a playable beta/early access release in June 2014, with the full release coming a few months later as all the bugs get ironed out.
Mainly, so that I can work full-time on the game. I've spent nearly 4 months developing Interference, and I had to refuse some freelance contracts in order to make the prototype demo available.
At the moment, I'm alternating between game development and freelance contracts, which has been detrimental to the development process. If this campaign is successful, I will be able to focus completely on making Interference the best game it can possibly be.
The funding will also help me update my old computer (hardware and software) and to pay composers for their work and hire other people if necessary (translators, artists, etc...).
Right now, we're focusing on getting funded before we focus on stretch goals. Stretch goals have the potential to dramatically improve a game, but they can also expand it to an unmanageable point well beyond its initial scope, cause release delays, and take our attention away from more pressing matters. If we get closer to "stretch goal territory", we'll put our minds to it, but until that point our time is better spent focusing on the core game.
The perks ?
DRM-FREE Digital copy of the game (for all platforms : Windows, OSX and Linux).
Digital Artbook will contain all concept arts made for the game and also a bunch of digital wallpapers.
Digital Original Soundtrack of the game made by Music Vortex and Ryan Ike. It will feature all the themes developed during the course of the game.
The Postcards: 6 Printed postcards (15cm*10cm) of Interference's concept arts.
The Poster: Printed poster (80cm*30cm) of Arachnopolis, Interference's city.
Exclusive funder T-shirt
with the game's logo and city's concept art printed on it.
You'll be asked for the proper size before they're sent to you.
I will finish this game even if this crowdfunding campaign fails, but without the funding necessary to devote an appropriate amount of time and effort, the game will be either very short or the game won't be out for a very, very long time.
Help us do Interference right!
Thank you for reading this!Sinok426
Feel free to share and follow the game on:
Interference's official website
Team on This Campaign: