In the late 1890’s the world was first introduced to pulp fiction, an inexpensive form of fiction printed on pulp paper to save money. Unfortunately, that was the pulps downfall: when the WWII paper shortage hit, the price of paper skyrocketed and the pulp died. We here at Industrial Pulp are reviving the pulp factory, but streamlining that process by simply removing the damn paper... and the factory. We still need money and stories though, and that’s where you come in.
So, what IS Industrial Pulp?
Industrial Pulp is a user generated content site where original stories gets posted, read, and rewarded. “Rewarded?” You may ask, “Yes!” we say. You’re getting 75% of the profit that your stories generate for the site. Our 25% covers all the costs of running this thing, and hopefully, a little profit.
But if you use that 25% to pay for the site, what do you need all this money for?
Good question! Here are two answers, just for you.
1) Start up costs: It takes money to have a website, and we won’t be making money immediately. This money covers the cost to us of coding the website, hosting it initially, etc.
2) Awards: Along with your rewards, you can get awards too! Every month we choose the best stuff on the site and give you a nice bonus.
In total, this should cover our entire first year of operating costs, meaning more for you in the long run.
So what do I get if I donate? You’re not really selling anything.
You get a warm fuzzy feeling deep down inside knowing that you helped some college kids live their dream. What, that’s not enough? Fine, here are some prizes.
- $10: A thank you shout out.
- $20: A piece of Industrial Pulp merchandise, whether that’s a T-shirt, hat, or magnet.
- $30: Beta access to the site before anyone else and a piece of Industrial Pulp merchandise.
- $50: Beta access and two pieces of merchandise. Feel free to mix and match, two of the same thing is fine.
- $70: Beta access and three pieces of merchandise. Get a T-shirt and give two to strangers!
- $150: You get all of the above AND you get to look at us, via skype. You get to talk to all of the team on skype about anything you want… well… maybe not anything, website stuff mostly.
- $500: All’O’That + A link to your website on our sponsors page, great promotion… if we get famous.
- $1000: Everything above and an ad on our site during the first year. How long the ad stays up depends on how many donors there are on this level. If there’s just one, that’s a yearlong ad, if there’s six, that’s two months.
T-Shirt: A shirt with our logo on it. Feel like a hipster and get annoyed when people don’t know what the obscure logo is.
Hat: A hat with our logo on it. Yep… a hat… pretty cool.
Magnet: Also with our logo. You can put it on your fridge or something, we don’t care.
Well… I can’t actually contribute to this…
Oh yes you can! Share us on Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, and the like. Make sure to go out and tell all those struggling English majors.
P.S. If you donate enough for the beta and win an award on one of your stories, you'll make your donation back plus a whole lot of interest.