*All online donations will be going directly to Red Cross!
We are helping to raise funds and goods for our local community, long island communities, and the city boroughs that were greatly affected by Hurricane Sandy. Your help will provide food, warmth, and hope to those that lost so much.
We are starting off our campaign with a “Relay for Relief” on November 4th, 2012 from 10:00am – 12:00pm at Jean Cochran Park in Peconic NY. This community event will allow participants to walk or run the ½ mile track (as much as they like) while helping raise funds for those in need. Suggested donation to participate is $10. We will also be accepting the following items:
- Industrial strength garbage bags
- Heavy duty rubber gloves
- Non-perishable food
- Flashlights and batteries (AA, AAA, D)
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper
- Toiletries (toothbrushes, tooth paste, shampoo, soap, ect)
- New underwear and socks of all sizes
- Paper goods (to distribute food)
- Baby items (diapers, wipes, ect)
- Toys/activities for kids
- Gas and gas cans
- Plastic bins
- Dog and cat food
- Manual can openers
- Clean, dry, new and gently used clothing
- Blankets, pillows
- Hats, gloves, jackets
- Cleaning supplies
- Any other items that you can think of that can help in the efforts of rebuilding!
We will also be continuing to accept goods at the following business until 11/10/12.
605 Pike Street
Mattituck NY 11952
Please help us in our efforts to help our communities get back on their feet and our neighborhoods rebuilt!