Since 2000 Zimbabwe has suffered economic hardships, up to the year 2009 Zimbabwe had one of the highest inflation rates in the world.
It was so bad that, in the beginning of 2009, Zimbabwe adopted the US dollar as the national currency. This did solve the inflation problem but not the economic one.
Beginning of 2012, the company I had worked for during the last five years closed. Up until today they still own me some of my wages.
So during the past year I have being trying to support my family by doing odd jobs: painting, floor tiling etc.
What We Need & What You Get
I would like to expand this business by doing the following:
- Buying a pickup truck
- Renting an office
- Buying needed office supplies
- Buying needed tools
- Employing additional individuals
- Start up a website
- Local advertising
The $15 000 will cover these and two months of running costs. If I don’t reach that goal, I am still hoping to buy the tools and pickup truck.
I don't have much to offer but for everyone that contributes there name (if wanted) shall be printed on a wall in the office. Also once the website is running contributes will be able to send in comments to appear on the site. For people who contribute large amounts I am able to offer free accommodation and food for a weekend in Zimbabwe and the opportunity to see the 'Big Five'.
Let me tell you the difference their contribution will make:
- Me:It has been a dream of mine for a long time to start up a business
- My Family: I will help my family greatly. My two children are school going age. My wife wants to be full time in charitable work, but is unable to because she works a full time job.
- My Community: I employ at the moment between 3-8 people from my community for each ofthe jobs that I do. If I am able to reach my goal, I will be able to give even more people permanent jobs.
Other Ways You Can Help
For people who just can’t contribute but still want to help:
- Let people know about me please.
- If someone could setup a website for me that would be great.
And that’s all there is to it.