Upstate Atheists are proud to sponsor foster children for the holiday season each year. We provide not only toys, but clothes, winter coats, shoes, and other items that they need:
Upstate Atheists is a group in Spartanburg, SC that has been giving back to the community since May of 2012. We have worked with Adopt-A-Highway, Habitat for Humanity, and the Generous Garden Project. We have sponsored closet clean outs to benefit the needy, sponsored children at Christmas time, raised money for March of Dimes, and much more. Due to recent media attention our main website is down. You can find out more about us at \http://www.meetup.com/Upstate-Atheists/
- This campaign is very important to us! We feel like no child should wake up on Christmas morning with no gifts under the tree.
- Many of these children have nothing. Often times a child in foster care has been pulled from a home where drugs have been used or manufactured. The chemicals from the use and manufacture of certain drugs can seep into their clothes and toys. It is not uncommon for all of a child's clothes, shoes, stuffed animals, etc. to have been destroyed. People like you can help to give these children things that they need.
What We Need & What You Get
- We have put our goal at $2,000 in hopes to provide many children with a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, or simply supply them with what they need during the holidays.
- We have awesome perks for you! Please check them out!
- Even if we do not reach our goal, 100% of our funds will go to providing these foster children with gifts.
- During our last campaign we raised fund to make care packages for the homeless. We received over $2000 to make and distribute packages. We assembled over 300 packages containing socks, gloves, soap, deodorant, antiseptic wipes, toothbrushes, toothpaste, combs, etc. Let's make this another successful campaign!
President of Upstate Atheists