Who are we?
We are the film department of the Academy of Visual and Performing Arts! Composed of many high school students, we collectively work on the pre-production, production, and post-production of all our original films as well as take college level film classes.
Currently, we are enrolled in a Cinematography class-led by George Mikhail-and for our Spring Project we are hoping to shoot one simple scene about the rift between a father and a son with professional equipment. Our motive? We need the experience!
However, being a constantly cash strapped program, WE NEED YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT.
Why do we need the money and where would it go?
The one scene that we hope to shoot is simple, but pricey. In order to make the "film" a legitimate learning experience for our program, we need professional equipment to work with.
- Grip and Lighting Truck Rentals
- Camera Rentals
- Production Design Costs
If there happens to be any money left over, it would be used to fund future films and buy much needed new equipment/tools (especially new paper tape)
Even though the end result of this project won't be screening at Cannes, Sundance, or something of the sort, understand that it will mean much more to us as a film class.
- The onset experience and knowledge gained from just this ONE scene will carry on for next year's film students.
- You will have changed and impacted countless futures wanting to work in film.
- You will have given us hope that projects of this size and even of this price ARE POSSIBLE.
Can't Donate? There are other ways to support us!
We understand completely if money just doesn't have the liquidity it once had for you. But here are some other ways to aid in our endeavor:
- Feel very free to post the link to our Indiegogo campaign on Twitter, Facebook, your blog, or ANY kind of social networking site. Spread the word!
- Talk to your friends, co-workers, everyone, about our program and see if it sparks a motivation to donate!
Every degree of support is greatly appreciated.
Editor of the Indiegogo campaign