Help Us Participate in the International Blues Challenge Competition (IBC) in Memphis, TN, USA
In mid-October 2012 the Ori Naftaly Band won 1st place in the Israeli Blues Society Blues Challenge Competition. The winning band gets to fly to Memphis, TN (USA), to represent Israel in the International Blues Challenge competition (IBC) and compete against Blues Acts for all over the world.
Since the band doesn't get any funding from any of the organizations producing the competition, we need your help to make it happen!
- Ori Naftaly: Guitars, Songwriting, Musical Production
- Eleanor Tsaig: Vocals
- Willem Van Der School: Hammond
- Eran Szendri: Bass Guitar
- Yam Regev: Drums
Let Us Tell You A Bit about How 2012 Went For the Ori Naftaly Band
- January 6, 2012: Debut Album Release – “A True Friend (Is Hard to Find)”
- Album picked #1 for Best Blues Album in 2012 by Jan Marius Franzen from bluesmagazine.nl and Radio Show PurpleHaze RTV Katwijk.
- Album picked #5 for Best Blues Debut Editors Pick, by German magazine Wasser Prawda.
- Over 100 shows and festivals all over Israel
- Interviews and live performances in all Blues radio shows in Israel
- First Israeli Blues band to tour the Netherlands with over 14 shows in 3 weeks all over Holland
- Winner of the Israeli Blues Challenge Competition
- Israeli representative in the International Blues
Challenge Competition (IBC)
How You Can Help
We need to raise $15,000 for the whole band to fly to Memphis and stay there for 1 week. This amount includes flight tickets, transportation, accommodation and general expenses for that time period.
If you like our music and would like to take part in this unique opportunity for us to participate in the international Blues competition, please consider investing in our project. Help us make this dream come true and represent Israeli Blues the best we can! You'll win some prizes and perks as well! You can read all about them in the right hand side of this page.
"We're on a Mission from God" – The Blues Brothers, 1980
The IBC competition is the best opportunity for our band to reach maximum exposure within the international Blues scene.
Our mission is to represent Israel for millions of viewers worldwide and give it everything we've got so we win this competition. We have the responsibility, as musicians and as the people we are, to make this happen.
The band that wins 1st place in the Memphis IBC finals will be awarded with interviews and advertisement campaigns in the US, a large cash prize and some great gigs all over the US, including the Legendary Rhythm and Blues Cruise, 2013 Legendary Rhythm and Blues Caribbean Cruise.
Return on Your Investment
You'll receive some awesome perks by investing in this project:
- $50 – Autographed CD!
- $100 – Netherlands Tour Bootleg!
- $250 – Autographed Bootleg & Poster!
- $500 – The Ori Naftaly Band Special!
- $1,000 – A Show!
- $2,500 – The VIP Special!
Read more about each of these perks on the right hand side of this page.
Even if we don’t raise the full $15,000 we are committed to getting your prizes to you even if we need to fund some of it out of our own pocket!
Other Ways You Can Help
If you can’t contribute financially, here are some other ways you can help:
- Tell your friends and family about the campaign
- Use the Indie Go Go share tools to spread the word
- Share this campaign with fellow music lovers
Additional Funds Raised
If we exceed our goal of $15,000, the additional funds will go towards production of our second full-length album and extra tracks in the EP we are about to release.
Thank you so much for your support, we cannot wait to get to Memphis and play the Blues among the 120 best Blues Acts in the world!
Peace and Love to all of you,
The Ori Naftaly Band
Willem Van Der Schoof