- My name is Alberto, Industrial Engineer from Panama, Nature and Birding Guide, Nature Lover, worried about all the devastation and environmental disasters that are going to be heired by our children.
HELP THE FOREST is a program based on purchasing hectares of lands that have been devastated, with the purpose of reforesting it with the native plants and trees that have lived there for thousands of years, before being slashed and burned for cattle, wood, or for other agricultural uses.
The program’s fund also generates an income for those local families in rural communities, which used to live from these practices, and are now working as keepers of the reforested lands.
The Reforestation Project objective is to plant more than 10,000,000 trees along the central part of Panama, re-connecting areas of natural forest that have been separated by cattle raising and other activities that imply deforestation. This project will help join vast patches of rainforest and the potential saving of many endangered species, including Sloths, Jaguars, Migratory and Endemic Birds, Monkeys, Coatis, etc., which have been isolated.
The more lands we get the less forest we will lose.
The reclaiming of such large areas for reforestation requires the combined resources of large corporations, scientific institutions and numerous individuals just like you.
The program does not intend to fight over lands that represent conflict of interests with the government or communities for their development, making it a peaceful program, which only purpose is to purchase hectares of lands, which will become the fund’s private property and thus, ensuring its sustainability for the years to come.
- Together we can make it happen, our grain of sand is so important to try to compensate what others are destroying.
What We Need & What You Get
- with 85,000 USD we can be able to start this great project. With this initial funding we will be able to acquire the first devastated lands from cattle growers in strategic places and contracting local families for working in the reforestation project (approximately 30-50 hectares + initial manpower for 70,000 USD). The areas of interest will be chosen according to studies from the National Environmental Institution called ANAM, where devastation has gone out of control. The other 15,000 USD will be used for an online campaign, and for contracting manpower that will be visiting companies in Panama for funding the project and increasing our donors list.
- If we dont reach the entire goal, the funds will be invested for contracting the manpowerthat will be visiting companies in Panama for funding the project, and get the project running without any lands, until we start receiving funds from local donors.
- Our contribution with this project will be for the future generations, for the rural communities close to the project's lands, bringing them income opportunities and helping them to acquire a sustainable living throughout reforestation and green practices.
Our contribution to the American Continent: The Isthmus of Panama is the link that joins North America with South America; its existence allows the migration of thousands of species of birds and mammals every year, back and forth, through the Continent, making Panama a bottleneck where all these species rest during their long journey. We can turn thousands of hectares into Natural Reserves planting millions of trees.
Other Ways You Can Help
- Please help me fund this project, and use the Indiegogo share tools!