Why do we need funding?
Putting on a show costs a minimum of $200. We have set a goal of $2000 to cover the minimum costs of 10 shows for 2013. To make these shows great, we must pay artists for their talent. If we raise more than our minimum goal, we will have extra funds for professional sound engineering and recording.
And, cause there's a really HAPPENING MUSIC SCENE in Anchorage right now and we want to keep it going!
To keep producing extraordinary raw talent, musicians have to PLAY! And they need to play for YOU! Music brings people together. The Arts provide culture and GROOVE to a community and groove makes communities places people want to visit, shop in and live in. That's Anchorage!
What is the Anchorage Music Co-op?
The Anchorage Music Co-Op is a collective of independent musicians with two goals. 1) To provide new opportunities for local musicians to share their craft, and 2) to provide opportunities for local music lovers and supporters to hear all the amazing talent in our own backyard. Membership in the Co-Op is free but your support is needed to help make sure we continue to nurture our growing Anchorage music scene.
2013 New Location and New Events
Going into its second season, the Anchorage Music Co-op has found a home in a new venue, in the heart of Spenard. Fiori D'Italia (formerly the Garden Of Eatin’) at 2502 McRae Road includes an old Quonset hut that has survived since the early 1950s. The offbeat Quonset hut has history oozing from its arched walls and ceiling. Best of all, the acoustics lend perfectly to the Music Co-op's focus on creating an award winning listening room.
- Artist Showcase: Monthly on Saturday (check schedule page) from 7:00-9pm. This is a listening room so we encourage well...listening... and taking conversations outside. We know you won't want to miss these great performances.
- Open Mic: Monthly on Friday and goes from 7:00-10:00pm (ish). Show up or sign up in advance by emailing us at email@example.com. This event is hosted by Anchorage Co-op members. Let us know if you want to play OR host.
Other Ways You Can Help?
- Please contribute to our programs so that more musicians can be heard.
- Share this website on Facebook, Twitter or by email.
- Above all else, COME to an Anchorage Music Co-op event!
- Visit our website: www.anchoragemusic.org
And that’s all there is to it.