My name is Marie Lewis and the photo above is the aftermath of the horrific fire that nearly took my family's life January 28th, 2012.
While my sister and her 4 children and our younger brother lay sleeping, their home caught fire due to a candle on the television near the drapes. By the grace of God and our younger brother's heroic efforts to save our nieces and nephews, our family is safe and together which at the end of the day is what is important.
Now we are focused on helping them put their lives back together. Unfortunately. none of their belongings (clothes, furniture, pictures, toys, etc.) weren't able to be saved. Red Cross has helped a great deal as well as family and friends.
We have been able to secure them with a new residence, however, they are still in need of the basic necessities of a home ( furniture, clothing, dishes, school supplies, etc). We are asking for donations to help with that. Even the smallest donation will help. If you are not able to donate we ask that you just pray for our family in this time of need. Any and all support makes a difference.
Your efforts would help a family rebuild their lives and what they lost so that they can have a fresh start.
In return for your contribution, you will get the satisfaction in knowing that you helped a family regain their stability.