Invitation Relief: is a Non-Profit 501 3 (c) tax-exempt corporation focusing on Forced Migration and Health.
Our Story: "Lead by Example"
This courageous initiative was founded in March 2006 by a Hassan Akmal, a graduate of the Forced Migration and Health Track of the Departments of Population and Family Health and Epidemiology at Columbia University's Mailman Graduate School of Public Health. The Founder, a former professional tennis player and Right to Play International Athlete Ambassador for the United States, represented the sport of tennis as a spokesperson while using sport for psychosocial development for disadvantaged children all over the world.
See Chief Executive Officer's Video Resume:
The organization's team is committed to improving the health and well-being of people affected by conflict and forced migration.
The organization bears witness publicly to the plight of the people it assists. It pursues its mission with emergency medical relief and aid, volunteers, humanitarian health workers, innovative research and technology (including telemedicine and long distance learning), experience and applied training, and capacity-building initiatives. It does not discriminate with respect to culture, race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status, medical condition or disability, etc. The organization has no political affiliation and invites full nondiscriminatory participation. The organization hopes to be an integral and instrumental leader for the next generation of humanitarian workers trying to be public health professionals in complex emergencies.
Kids of the World is a worldwide project of Invitation Relief aimed at providing education and helping alleviate poverty globally in areas of forced migration. An online charity bazaar will be introduced in order to help raise funds for new and existing initiatives, as well as to sustain them long-term.
Invitation Relief launched the Human-Being Fund in 2013 which is currently raising funds for several international projects, including the charity bazaar.
"Your Invitation Has Arrived..
We are currently raising funds for the following:
- First-Ever Charity Bazaar Online Store: $5,000
- Merchandise/Inventory for Charity Bazaar: $10,000
- Invitation Relief Website: $10,000
- Marketing Campaign called "Faces of the World" featuring photos of street children and orphans from different parts of the world with their faces painted: $5,000
- Expenses to launch the Kids of the World Project in 2014 in multiple countries including Indonesia, Pakistan, India, Afghanistan, United States, Colombia (and other parts of South America), which has the third highest population of displaced persons in the world: $20,000
- $50,000 will be used to sustain the Kids of the World Project and online charity bazaar
- Donors will receive buttons and/or t-shirts (depending on size of the donation) with the photo of the Kids of the World (painted faces) campaign logo when fundraising goal is met.
- All funds will be held until fundraising goals are met.
The Impact and Value: "An Invitation to help the Kids of the World"
Invitation Relief hopes to help underserved communities through improved access to education and enterprise by using cost effective technology and strengthening local resources: 'Micro/Macro-Enterprise'.
The mission is to optimize educational and medical infrastructure by increasing capacity of local personnel and organizations. By building a Online Charity Bazaar, funds raised will help build a stronger foundation for the education of underserved communities across the globe.
Invitation Relief believes that native programs, infrastructure and organizations have unique strengths in identifying areas of need and opportunity. Thus, we are networking within communities to set up ongoing processes that will continue to grow a community's natural resources and confidence.
- This project will be self-sustainable and will continue to grow and support multiple initiatives.
- We are living in a time when natural disasters and conflict are at all time highs.
- There is a shortage of food, clean water, funds, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) targeting internally and externally displaced persons as a result of natural disasters and/or conflict.
"Live. Love. Hope. Believe!"
We are close to our deadline so we need your help! Any donation amount is appreciated and word of mouth is very effective as well. If you can't donate, please help spread the word by any of the following:
- Ask friends to help us get the word out and make some noise about our campaign
- Share us on Facebook
- Join our group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/invitationrelief/
- Like/share our YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb0r2zF9rKQ
- Share us on Twitter
"Unity through Charity, Understanding, and Moral Leadership!"
Thank you for your generous donations.