Short SummaryHi, my name is Konstantin Dmitriev. I'm here to ask for sponsorship to fund my travel to Libre Graphics Meeting - the largest conference for free software graphics application users and developers.
Who I am
I am animator with a special interest to libre and open-source software.
Here are some of my works:
Also I'm teaching animation to kids using libre and opensource tools. Here are some of the works made by my students:
All the works above done with libre and open-source software. Sources for many of them are freely available under Creative Commons license.
To make those animations possible I'm actively contributing to various open-source software projects since 2007. Here are my latest achievements:
- Stickman Template (bone-like system for character animation in Synfig, see tutorial).
- Implementation of Simple Plugins support for Synfig.
- Development of Remake - a build system for automatic rendering of animation projects (see my talk about it here).
- Mantaining a special version of Pencil (frame-by-frame animation software).
- Mantaining official Linux builds of Synfig Studio.
Besides that, I'm also leading the Morevna Project and helding administrator responsiblities in Synfig Studio development. From time to time I like creating some video tutorials about animation in Synfig (see Gallery of this campaign), also doing some random contributions to its code.
Why I am
This year I would like to attend the Libre Graphics Meeting in Madrid.
My goals of attending this event:
- Have a productive meeting with Carlos Lopez Gonzalez - the main Synfig Studio developer, who is also going to be there. We also consider to have a coding sessions during the days of event.
- Give a workshop about quick approach of character animation using Synfig Studio software.
Here's an video showing what my workshop will be about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9d9a0zX5tg
To get onto conference I need to travel from Gorno-Altaysk (small town in the Siberian part of Russia) to Madrid (Spain). That costs some money and that's why I am running this campaign.
Please note, this is "all-or-nothing" campaign, so if the goal will not be reached everyone will get their money back. This is made for the reason, because I can't travel a half way to Madrid, right? ^__^
I am not offering any "perks" since I believe my presence at Libre Graphics Meeting will help me with further improvements of open-source tools and this is going to be a benefit for everyone.
Thank you for support!