Hello everyone and welcome to my CrowdFunding project. My name is Kyle and I'm a freshman at Humber College in Toronto, Ontario. I am studying Sport Management and this program is having a great impact on my life so far. The reason for this project is because I was transferred from my workplace in my hometown to one here, but I have come on some tough times and they are not giving me enough hours and my savings have had to go towards rent, food, and transportation, etc.
What We Need & What You Get
Break it down for folks in more detail:
- I set the goal of $2,500 because this number would help pay for three months worth of rent ($550 per month), transportation (on average about $100 per month) and groceries (again, about $100 per month). Yes, this only adds up to $2,250 but this website charges a percentage of all funds raised.
- Any donations will go straight into my savings account and cover the costs listed above.
- As for perks, I'm not too sure what to start off with, if anyone has any suggestions, I'm definitely open to almost anything since I will be very thankful.
- Should I not reach my goal, any money donated will still go towards helping out with the costs of living.
As stated above, any funding you guys help we out with will be greatly beneficial to help me not have to take any time away from school just because I am not getting enough hours at work. I know it's simple for anyone opposing this project to say "Just go get another crappy job," but it's not that simple. I am a firm believer that a career should be my main focus which means getting good grades in school. After the first semester, my average is over 80% and I would love to keep these grades up to give me the best change to realize my dream: work in the NHL.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute, I understand this and if you can't that's fine. Can I simply ask that you do one thing for me:
- Please help spread the word about this and keep a smart student in the program he loves, not force him to abandon his education because a company is forcing him away.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and hopefully you can help make the difference for me.