**** You can also make donations at any Wells Fargo Bank to account #6916050328...even after the campaign ends.
Or, donations can be sent through PayPal to Christin@ChristinMowery.com.
If you would like to mail your donations, please send an email to Christin asking for the proper address. ****
So far, we have about 10 treatments covered! She needs a minimum of 20. The doctors recommend at least 80 treatments. PLEASE SHARE!
Our actual goal is to raise over $15,000. Last week, we were told that Alyssa qualifies to receive treatments that will heal her brain, but the money needs to be raised to cover it.
Alyssa needs Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy to reverse her brain damage. It is going to cost $175 per one-hour treatment. The doctors recommend that she undergoes five treatments per week.
This therapy will help heal Alyssa's brain damage and remove the excess fluid on her brain. The total cost will be at least $14,000. So, we need to raise as much as possible before the campaign ends. Time is running out.
Alyssa has her first appointment scheduled for September 20th. We are hoping that Christin can go in and negotiate a lower per-treatment price if she has enough money to pay them in advance. A 20 treatment block is usually $3,300, if you pay for them all at one time. She will need at least four blocks of treatments.
Please help us make this happen. Share this story with everyone you know. If enough people donate even a dollar, we CAN reach this goal.
If we can't maintain the level of traffic, comments, shares, and donations that we've had previously, we will lose our spot on the first few pages of the search results. We can't let that happen.
A Parent's Worst Nightmare
On October 21, 2011, tragedy struck the Mowery family. The two youngest daughters were walking in a crosswalk with their best friend and her older sister, as well as their older sister, when a 78-year-old driver did not see the crosswalk. She went around the stopped cars and struck the three youngest girls. Rain and Mia were thrown over 80 feet. Alyssa was carried on the hood of the car for 143 feet before being thrown off and tumbling across the asphalt.
Rain was released from the ICU after three days with a skull fracture and brain bleed. A few hours later, Mia died from her injuries. Alyssa was on life support and in the ICU for five weeks. She was then in the rehabilitation hospital for another five weeks, where she learned how to move, eat, crawl, walk and talk again.
Although Alyssa has made tremendous improvements, and she truly is a miracle, she has a long road to recovery ahead of her. She suffered brain damage which has manifested in a regression to a toddler state, she no longer understands what is inappropriate or dangerous, and she has short-term memory loss. She often repeats the same phrases and questions hundreds of times per day.
Alyssa requires 24/7 care and attention, which prevents her mom from working outside the home. This has caused extreme financial hardship, as she is now a single mother of six children.Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean you can’t help:
- Please help us get the word out. Make some noise about our campaign, so that as many people come across our donation page as possible.
- And, do this frequently. Facebook recently changed things, so only a fraction of your friends and family will actually see your posts at any given time. This means you have to post things several times, over several days or weeks, to increase the number of people who will see your support.
- Remember to use the Indigogo share tools! This will help increase our rankings on the Indiegogo site.
- If you are a business or professional, please consider donating money and perks to our campaign. The better perks we have, the more money we can raise to help the Mowery family.
- Be creative...what can you do to help the Mowery family? Do you have a great idea? Let us know!
- You may not feel like it's enough, but we appreciate every dollar. Trust us...they all add up. Your contribution will make a difference.
Please share our story with every news outlet, blogger, reporter, website, etc that you know. And, of course, Justin Bieber...Alyssa loves him. :)
These 3 Angels
Administrator / Best Friend