If you would still like to donate after the end of the campaign, feel free to use my PayPal email@example.com or go on our etsy shop and order your snug directly from there: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SnugEssentials.
My grandma looooves knitting. As does pretty much any Bulgarian grandma. But I just couldn't use any more sweaters and socks and even all my electronics are now nicely snug, so my friends thought that they are so nice we should do something about it - especially given that there are other good knitters like my grandma who really need some extra income. So we created Snug Essentials and found a few more women (exactly 4 at the moment) to help us.
We thought: what if we could empower hundreds or thousands of women make a better living turning a hobby they enjoy into a reliable source of income? What if we showed the world what these Bulgarian women can do and the world fell in love with their knitting?
We bought some local yarn and started experimenting with making laptop sleeves in various colours and patterns. The results were stylish laptop sleeves that all our friends liked so much that they wanted to buy them right away. That’s why we’re here on IndieGoGo to get the support we need to start this project for real.
What we’ve done so far
We want to see this initiative grow and our products to become popular enough to support more knitters and their families. That is why we decided that the most important starting point is having amazing and remarkable products. For that purpose, we:
- Took great care in developing the designs and models of our products. We explored different materials, sizes, models and designs for our laptop sleeves and socks to ensure that they deliver 100% snugness, warmth and protection and turn them into eye candy.
- Worked with the most experienced knitters to produce samples that we and our friends are now using constantly. So far they are doing wonderfully and we completely believe in them!
- Launched our website. We used our limited financial resources to purchase hosting and a domain and are developing its awesome design at the moment.
- Started reaching out to women who could use our support and are quickly building a network of wonderful devoted knitters. It’s been really motivational to listen to their dreams of what they will be able to do when “the business picks up”.
Why we need YOUR help
Unfortunately, we don’t have any spare money left to invest in this undertaking since we are recent college graduates with no savings. Our families have already contributed enough to get us started, but we need your help to continue building it.
What we can invest is our time and effort and that is what we are doing. We have quit pursuing other jobs in big corporations and have focused entirely on this project. We care about our Bulgaria too much and would rather be involved with something that has a meaning and could contribute to its development and the well-being of its citizens.
Finally, we want to make sure that we can provide sufficient employment opportunities and fair compensation to our knitters.
For what EXACTLY is your money going to be used
- Accumulate stock for the full-fledged launch of the online store
- fair compensation for our knitters ~ $1000 (we can’t afford to NOT be able to reward their effort)
- materials (such as yarn, buttons, packaging) ~ $1000
- other logistic costs ~ $200 (shipping yarn and finished products between yarn suppliers, knitters and our customers)
- Finalize our website: add-ons for shopping cart and payment processing ~ $200
- Introduce our products to the world
- attend craft markets/fairs ~ $500
- reach out to the right audience through online advertising ~ $300
- Build a self-sufficient business that will last
- register as a legitimate business ~ $100 (it’s essential to support the development of Bulgarian economy as a whole and to give a good example to other young entrepreneurs)
- design & print info materials, cards, etc ~ $150
Finally, money isn’t everything - some other ways you can help us
- Design our website, logo, flyers, or email template? Help us create some visuals that correspond to the awesomeness of our venture
- Share your enthusiasm - if you think our idea is good, tell your friends!! Facebook, twitter, blog, chat, speak, sing, write... whatever your thing is :) Tell the world that we exist!
- Get otherwise involved - maybe you have another idea of how you can help us? Let us know!