My name is Paolo and I'm the founder of ExtraShare. I imagine you've already seen the introductory video above, (and laughed, cried and rejoiced) but in case you haven't or are unable to, here's some information about what it is that the team and I are working on:
ExtraShare (http://ExtraShare.org) is a web application that helps gardeners, farmers and window-ledge herbalists learn how to grow, track their produce growth and connect with others nearby to distribute extras. A unique, 'collaborative consumption' app, ExtraShare can help with food security work by reducing food waste, promoting gardening and enabling SPINners to locate yards easily. Development began in January (2012) and the tool is now in use in two major cities, Toronto and São Paulo.
What's The Big Idea?
ExtraShare is working well now, and our 'target market' likes it, but we don't have any marketing and the application is lacking helpful features.
Here are our goals:
- Implement responsible marketing campaigns so that growers can learn about the tool's existence.
- Implement key features such as multi-language support and search.
- Build educational resources so new growers know how to get started.
- Reduce barriers by maintaining the tool's $0 cost and working with communities.
How Does This Indiegogo Campaign Work?
If we reach our target, your contributions are accepted and:
- Help spread the word via online advertising, conference attendance and a press release.
- Enable us to work on ExtraShare full-time so features that the team and user community have envisioned can get implemented in a timely fashion.
- Support the team with collaborative office space and software tools, like GitHub.
- Pay for server hosting. This application runs from a server on the www and costs to operate it increase with usage.
If we do not reach our target, all contributions are returned/not charged.
Other Ways You Can Help
So, you've already donated but are keen to do more, or maybe you just can't afford to support us financially - no problem! Help us spread the word by giving your friends a link to this page, or use the Facebook, Twitter and Google+ buttons under our video to notify your networks.
Now go get growing some grub! (Thanks for your time!)