Our new indiegogo goal: $20,000
(Total Studio build estimate: $50,000)
More funds raised towards this goal through this campaign means more funds invested in yarn production, community development and designer support (and less in the bank's pocket!)
indigodragonfly. It was only supposed to be a few skeins a week. Ummm......
.....four years later, every surface in our home is either covered in yarn, yarn or yarn. 2009: did we get any orders this week? 2013: a 2-3 month long dye queue, a kitchen that is occasionally used to make food, and a strong community of knitters creating beautiful handknits with our yarn. Some folks come for the deep, rich and intense multitonal colour. Some come for the laugh-till-you-cry (or worse) colour names. All stay for the incredible passion we have for bringing you high quality yarn and in colours that shift and amaze with every stitch.
Did I mention every surface is covered in yarn?
So it's time to move the business out of our home and to build a studio. To expand from one stove and sink to, well, more. More space and a safer workspace for us to operate in. And to grow in.
What We Need & What You Get
Building a studio, outside our home but on our property makes the most sense. Starting from scratch means we'll have a space that does everything we need to bring you more yarn faster.
Funding this project will help us build:
- our studio from the ground up, including plumbing and electrical systems
- strong ventilation systems that will help keep us, our employees and visitors safe
- dry, secure storage areas for undyed and dyed stock
- 3-4 propane stove systems, allowing us to dye more pretty pretty yarn and be more energy, cost and time efficient
- counters and large sinks to rinse and soak yarn in larger quanitities
- adjacent space for a retail shop and office
Perks for Funders:
- acknowlegement on the website and on a dedication wall in the building
- yarn dyed in a special colourway, only available to contributors to our Studio Fund
- collectible swag
Every year our business has doubled both in growth and sales, making it impossible to keep up using our current facilities.
Your contribution to this campaign will help us produce more yarn faster, eliminating long dye queues.
More yarn for you. Sooner. Online. In more local yarn stores. More shows across North America.
Your contribution will help us build a venue that will allow us to hold year-round workshops and dyeing classes, and to also to eventually create a dedicated shop for retail sales.
And one of the best things about expansion: you will give us the ability to provide jobs in our community, which by extension creates more opportunities for our vendors, retailers and artistic partners.
Other Ways You Can Help
Share our campaign with your followers, friends and fellow knitters. You love our yarn and our company...tell others why, and why they should join you in supporting this campaign.