Goal is to raise $15,000.00 by September 30, 2011.
Wont you help us continue our work to support
Adopted people and Foster Care alumni?
Four years ago, a group of over 30 Black adoptees and foster care survivors came together in Oakland, California and began building a network to support others with similar experiences. Since our inception, AFAAD has directly impacted the lives of over 300 youth and adults with our educational, support, healing, and advocacy work. And weve barely scratched the surface!
We are currently fundraising to hold our Fourth Annual Gathering for Foster Care Alumni and Adult Adoptees in Seattle, WA this November 11th -13th 2011. But this important work will not happen without your support!
As a completely volunteer run organization, we rely on your contributions to reach and support foster care alumni and adopted people around the country. 100% of your contribution goes to the Gathering programming, educational and healing support we provide for members of the adoptive and foster care community.
Any amount you can give is greatly appreciated and will have a profound impact on our work. Some examples of where we might use your donation dollars include:
- Your donation of $25 would allow us to feed 1 person for the duration of the Gathering
- Your donation of $100 would allow us to print program materials
Your donation of $500 would support the attendance of a foster care alumni who would
otherwise not be able to attend the Gathering
- Your donation of $1000 would support our educators, scholars, and speakers at the Gathering who share critical knowledge and skills with our community
Recent contributions from people like you have enabled these successes:
- Holding our Annual Gathering for Adoptees and Foster Care Alumni for the past 3 years,
- Monthly discussion groups, education events and social events,
- Expansion through the creation of a new chapter in Minnesota to reach even more adoptees and foster care alumni,
- Partnering with other Adoptee organizations to birth the Adoptees of Color Roundtable (ACR),
- Education and Advocacy Creation of trainings for professionals and advocacy around policy that includes the voices of foster care survivors and adult adoptees.
AFAAD has changed lives and provided healing space for so many in the few years since we were founded. As we continue to advance our efforts to support the well being of adult adoptees and foster care survivors we look to you - our supporters - to help us maintain our work and continue to grow strong.
Please join us in our mission to support, educate and advocate for adoptees and foster care survivors worldwide. On behalf of the many people like us who will directly benefit from your gift, thank you for your support.
AFAAD Volunteer Board of Directors
Lisa Marie Rollins
Lisa D. Walker
Outreach and Education Director
Ian K. Hagemann
Strategic Planning and Development Director
Karie Gaska, MSW
Community and Operations Director
Dr. Julia Sudbury
Connie Galambos Malloy
Team on This Campaign: