A Truly Integral Space for a Community that Keeps Waking-Up and Growing-Up in Service of a Better World
Our community was started by people who care deeply about connection and relationship--as a path to better lives, and ultimately to inspiring a healthier world. It's a radically simple view: more loving people create more loving families and neighbors, which creates more loving communities, more loving cities, and ultimately a more loving world. It may sound simple, but like most essential truths it's not as easy as it sounds and relationship is the place where our least loving and aware tendencies get highlighted *fast*.
Who We Are
The Integral Center is a community of people engaging practices that focus on our relationships with each other. Our belief is that when we learn to really connect with others, beyond our stories, fears, withholds, projections, and judgements--magic happens. When our teachers, social workers, and all those people most susceptible to 'compassion fatigue', get a weekend with us to hit the reset button (by donation), they're often recharged and ready to go back out in the trenches, with all their unique specialties, to do what most needs to be done.
This community has grown from a vision and people practicing in their own living rooms to a fully organized center, with weekend-long intensives, training programs, game nights, and open-door practices for anyone interested in taking a deeper dive into their community (and themselves). Our members include entrepreneurs and healers, artists and students, business leaders and entire families.
Why We Need Your Help
We were one and a half years into our lease when we got hit hard by the epic Colorado floods in September. The pipes in our building backed up and filled our first level (7000 square feet, half of our entire space) with toxic water and sewage. The water destroyed all the flooring, carpeting, furnishings, plumbing, boiler and other property on that level. To make things more complicated, our insurance policies denied us without even looking and forced us into a back and forth battle with no end in sight.
The Truth Revealed in Crisis
Immediately following this historic natural disaster, we were flooded with support from our members and friends with hundreds of hours of help removing the sewage-soaked carpet, furniture, and a lot more. So much so that the building owner and mitigation crew were astounded by the response.
We kept hearing, "I've never seen anything like this before..." referring to the quantity and quality of support that was showing-up to roll-up their sleeves and get messy to help the recovery of this beloved space dedicated to gathering and growth. This was evidence to all that we truly have something special here that many care about a LOT. But shovels and strong arms can only do so much. The building sustained damages in the 6-figures, and our entire ground floor will need to be rebuilt, from the floors up.
We need your help so we can reconstruct our building and bring ourselves into even deeper relationship with our space and each other.
Community Reconstruction for New Services and Outreach
If we meet our goal, we'll have the funds we need to support a community rebuild that will not only renew our space, but also bring us into deeper relationship with the building, each other, and the greater community as we ask for support and share what we care about.
Our fundraising priorities cover the following reconstruction activities:
Rebuilding three bathrooms that were destroyed
Flooring/Carpeting over 4000 square feet of stairs and floors
Reflooring our 1500 square foot dance/embodiment studio
- Reframing and hanging new drywall in at least seven rooms
- Building-out new rooms that will provide office space for members and community events
Rebuilding our kitchen with flooring, cabinets and counters
- Furniture to replace what was destroyed
And if we surpass our base, our stretch goals include:
- A new bathroom and shower for our west side
- Rebuilding our video studio
- Additional staff resources to help us further organize and optimize our offerings
- An outdoor patio (that Jeff was planning on adding before the flood hit)
Why it Matters: Our Vision and
Our Greater Global Community
Through this campaign, we're excited to share the principles and vision of our practice-based community. It's all rooted in Integral Philosophy--based on the work of author and philosopher Ken Wilber, and the work of the Integral Institute community.
Integral theory is an all-inclusive framework that draws on the key insights of the world’s greatest knowledge traditions. The awareness gained from drawing on all truths and perspectives allows the Integral thinker to bring new depth, clarity and compassion to every level of human endeavor — from unlocking individual potential to finding new approaches to global-scale problems.
Through the course of this campaign, we'll be updating backers with interviews with some of our most prominent community members and teachers talking about our core principles and vision for how we want to live better lives and be of greater service to the world.
Topics we'll be covering in the interviews:
How a more Integral view can support all aspects of your life
- Community as the New Currency
- Circling: the Integral relational practice for deeper understaning of self and other
- Relationship as a Path
- Best Practices for Better Relationships
- The Integral Story and Vision
- The Importance of Practice for Individual and Community Development
The Rewards - How Your Donations Go Beyond Just Helping Us Rebuild
By supporting the Integral Center through this recovery period, you're helping us with our mission in many different ways. The funds will not only help to rebuild the center and allow us to take our organization to the next level of success and sustainability, it will also create more opportunities for people in the community to do the work they're inspired to do through scholarships and pledges. Our rewards are designed with all this in mind, so our backers know that they're having a multi-dimensional impact and significantly furthering Integral awareness.
$5 - Big Thanks! PLUS our Valuable Updates
Every dollar counts, so thank you for your support! AND, we're going to be sending you some of our best ideas via the updates and interviews through this campaign.
$35 - Invitation to our Backer Party
We'll be hosting a party for all of those who have helped the Integral Center grow stronger through this endeavor. At this level and above, you're invited.
$50 - Limited Edition Integral Angel T-Shirt
Supporting us at this level, you'll receive a limited edition "Integral Angel" T-shirt that we're designing just for this campaign.
$75 - T-Shirt, Sticker, & Dog-Tag
You get the limited edition T-Shirt, plus an Integral Center Sticker, Dog-Tag, and 5 coupons for access to Integral Center classes.
$100 - 30 Minutes of Loving Attention
We all need some quality attention from time to time. Backers at this level get at least 30 minutes of undivided, Integrally-informed attention from an Integral Center member who has donated their time. This is a great way to connect with our community and give yourself some much deserved space.
$120 - 30 Minutes of Loving Attention & T-Shirt, Dog Tag, and Sticker
Backers at this level get the Integral Angel T-Shirt, Sticker, Dog-Tag, coupons for IC classes; AND at least 30 minutes of undivided, Integrally-informed attention from an Integral Center member who has donated their time.
$200 - A Gift from a Member of the Integral Center Community
Members of the Integral Center community have decided to donate products and services to help this campaign be successful. In the Rewards section a bit further down this page, you can see the list of these offerings. Backers at this level get to choose one of these offerings they'll receive for their contribution.
Here's what's currently being offered:
90min Private Tutoring Session on Integral Theory or General Coaching
with Robert MacNaughton (2 of 3 remaining)
2hr Parenting Coaching Session with Lauren Barnett (1 of 1 remaining)
- Money Map to Freedom Program from Alexis Neely ($997 Normally)
- 90min Private iRest Session (and Recording)--an evidence-based practice for improving sleep and reducing stress with Ren Resch (2 of 2 remaining)
- Chiropractic Adjustment for you and your pet with Jason Orowitz (2 of 2 remaining)
- 90min Relationship Coaching Session with Jayson Gaddis (value $225) (1 of 1 remaining)
- 1hr Massage with Sheena Creed (1 of 1 remaining)
- 1hr Coaching session on building authentic community with Sara Ness (1 of 1 remaining)
- Acupuncture Session with Custom Herbal Formula with Marco Lam (2 of 3 remaining)
- Chiropractic Session with Dr. Richard Kronen (3 of 3 remaining)
- 1hr Enneagram Consultation by skype with Josh Levin (2 of 2 remaining)
- Home Aesthetic Consult with Erin Needham - Need someone to help you arrange and decorate your home in a way that supports your mental and spiritual health? Erin can evaluate your home décor and develop a plan that will align your home space with artistic appeal and functional utility on nearly any budget. (1 of 1 remaining)
- 1.25 Hour Leadership or Business Coaching Session by Skype with Jason Gore jasongore.com (Value $600) (1 of 1 remaining)
- One 2-hour Business Consultation session with Jack Spivak: Business Consultation: Visioning, Strategic Planning, Strategic Messaging. (1 of 2 remaining)
One hour high level Business Consulting with Steven Ringelstein (value $1000) (0 of 1 remaining)
- One session (phone/in-person) on "The Power of Pausing - A Truth-Speaking Practice for Women" with Jess Nichol
- Set of 2 Eating Psychology coaching sessions with Kimba Kjolhede (1 of 1 remaining)
- 90min massage with Merideth McNown (1 of 1 remaining)
3 hours of massage, acupuncture, and integrated personal training with David Moore. Can be used all at once or split into 3 sessions. (0 of 1 remaining)
- Set of 3 Integral Polarity Therapy sessions with Maya Hill (2 of 2 remaining)
- 2 hours of green building consulting with Mark Bloomfield (Expertise in energy efficiency, net zero homes, building science, indoor air quality, residential mechanical systems) (1 of 1 remaining)
- Set of 3 hour-long Breema bodywork sessions with Jamie Furstoss Lam (1 of 1 remaining)
- One couples coaching session with Sujana Palazzo (1 of 1 remaining)
- Set of two 1-hour psychotherapy sessions with Reuvain Bacal (1 of 1 remaining)
- Women's yoga kit (2 75-minute videos) and women's meditation kit (6 downloadable audios) from Sara Avant Stover (1 of 1 remaining)
- Original art by Bryce Widom (3 of 3 remaining)
- #1 http://bit.ly/UFTX1q
- #2 http://bit.ly/UFTTik
- #3 http://bit.ly/SNa0si
- 90min NLP Changework Coaching session with Kendra Current (1 of 1 remaining)
- Set of 2 hour-long productivity coaching sessions with Mihai Banalescu (1 of 1 remaining)
- Private yoga/movement/meditation session with Brooke McNamara (1 of 1 remaining)
- Circling training session with Ryu Koyama (1 of 1 remaining)
- Web content consultation with Keith Martin-Smith. This would include a phone call/meeting about someone's online brand, and some specific content suggestions and rewrites for improving their offering. (1 of 1 remaining)
$300 - Entry or Scholarship to our New Year's Practice Gathering:
Scenius, Dec 28th - Jan 1st
At the end of this year, many members of our community--local and global--will be joining us for 4 days of practice and celebration, Integral style. Led by Integral Center lead teachers, Diane Musho Hamilton and Decker Cunov, this party is not to be missed. By contributing at this level, you get a discounted entry ($495 full price) to this year's Scenius for yourself, as a gift, or to sponsor a full scholarship for someone who wouldn't normally be able to attend. Read more about the event here.
$500 - Entry or a Sponsored Scholarship to our flagship training:
Aletheia ~ Integral Relating Intensive, for half the normal price
Our flagship practice weekend in Boulder gives every participant an opportunity to benefit from and learn our Integral relating practice, circling. The success of this training was one of the reasons we were able to grow to where we are today. By contributing at this level, you're welcome to join any of our upcoming Aletheia weekends (normally $995), give it as a gift, or have a full scholarship available in your name for an applicant that wouldn't normally be able to attend. Aletheia trainings weekends are four times per year. Learn more about Aletheia here.
$750 - Discounted Year Long Membership for You or as a Sponsored Scholarship
A 12-month membership to the Integral Center for you, as a gift, or as a scholarship sponsored in your name. Being a member of the Integral Center in Boulder gives premium access to all of our classes on top of many other benefits. More importantly than that, it allows you to be immersed in a community of people who want to wake-up and grow-up together; this is the best way we know to optimize personal growth and development. Membership is normally $85/month. Learn more about Integral Center Membership here.
$1000 - Join a Year-Long Advisory Circle with Monthly Conference Calls
Want to ensure the job is getting done and your perspectives are integrated? For all of 2014, you'll join private monthly calls with principles of the Integral Center to evolve and further integrate the vision and business plan. Like an Integral share-holder meeting, we'll review finances, project metrics, partnerships, and anything else necessary to make sure we're on track with your help.
$3000 - Day-long "Inner Journey" with Decker Cunov (Limited to 3, 2 remaining)
This is a special opportunity to have a day-long private session with Integral Center lead teacher, Decker Cunov and two other participants.$5000 - A Private, Small-group Meeting with Ken Wilber (Limited to 10)
A private, small-group meeting with Ken Wilber at his loft in Denver to discuss the Integral vision and more. This is a very rare opportunity to meet with the author and philosopher that all of Integral theory and practice stands on the shoulders of. We'll determine dates based on what's best available for the group.
$10000 - Your Choice
Angels of this high order get to choose one from the following:
Full access and use of the Integral Center for a weekend to host whatever you want.
A weekend in Boulder spent however you want. We'll be your hosts to practice, party, philosophize, etc.
We'll organize a private day-long circling event for a group of your choice: family, coworkers, friends, etc.
A community service project of your choice in Boulder. We'll gather a group of IC members and go to work for a day or so on a project you choose or we find on your behalf.
The Impact - More Care and Consciousness, Role-Modeled Locally, Enabling Greater Care and Consciousness Globally
The money raised in this campaign will go directly to rebuilding our center and improving our ability to resource our community locally and beyond. The success of this campaign will not only enable us to rebuild our building, but it will strengthen our community and all the lives it touches. This isn't just about a physical space, it's about the intentions that this space holds, which is capable of helping the world.
If we reach our goal, we’ll be able to rebuild and improve what we had before AND build-out new additions that will support the community's health and sustainability for years to come. We'll have space to create a beautiful new embodiment studio, build a commercial kitchen for community meals, and new office spaces for member rentals. Rebuilding our space allows us to host more community events and enable even greater levels of community fitness and maturity -- healthier relationships, broader sharper minds, emotional maturity, and deeper consciousness. Our community is enriched and nourished by the wide variety of offerings hosted at our center and by the informal relationships that are formed and shaped along the way.
Other Ways You Can Help
We want everyone who feels inspired by our story and mission to participate, monetarily or otherwise!
Here’s how you can help other than financially:
- We need new furniture! Help us track-down donations or find great deals.
- Spread the word about the good work we do and share our campaign with people you know. Contact us if you want to learn more about who we are.
- Pay us a visit, come to an event, or send us a message to setup a conversation if you want to learn more.
- If you're a Boulder local, come join the rebuild parties, and see more of what we're doing.