Ongoing work is needed at the GGP Disc Golf Course
- We need tier work on #11/#16
- Removing Trash from Trash cans on all Holes
- Finish the great wall on #6.
- Add Drain rock to all the tees in need
- There are more tee signs to be replaced
- constant maintenance due to ever-increasing foot traffic as daily new disc golfers explore their obsession
- the necessarily vigilant watch over erosion spots on the course
What we need:
Support through funding to keep the workers on the course part/full-time, providing for and serving the rapidly growing disc golf community in San Francisco and the greater Northern California region.
Through their tireless work and dedication, the Golden Gate Park Disc Golf Course will be the premiere free public course in the United States and the standard by which all other courses, private and public, will be judged in the future.
We've made great strides!
Planting grass in numerous locations to stop and control Erosion on our sand based course.
Purchased a truck to use for hauling and course maintainence, its already earned its place in the SFDGC Fam.
Erosion control on pathway on Hole 12
Drain rock placed around teepads #11 and #12 to stop flooding and mud tees.
The TEMPLE structure on Hole #11
The "Great Wall" on hole #6
Improved teebox area on #12
Drastically reduced play-through times on 11,12,14 with proper maintenance of the hill side.That is now covered in GRASS!!!
New Tee Signs!
Erosion control tier on 18 to save main tree by the C pin.
...and last but certainly not least the course is continuing to get more GREEN!
Disc Golf Professional