According to a recent survey, the Midwest drought, genetically modified organisms and the lean finely textured beef "pink slime" misnomer take the cake for top trends affecting consumers' food purchasing behavior in 2012.
The survey, commissioned by Hunter Public Relations and conducted by Direct Research, Inc., found that 81% of Americans felt coverage of food products were of equal or greater importance than other news stories this year, HPR says.
watch this excellent video to update the viewer on the GMO FREE Movement GENETIC ROULETTE http://youtu.be/wnlTYFKBg18
GMO FREE HAWAII is a statewide grassroots organiztion that is connecting and reawakening a global consciousness through social media of the corporate greed of transnational companies that are destroying the flora and fauna of cultures that existed for millenia:
- The health dangers of genetically engineered (GE) foods are masterfully presented in this summary of our media campaign
- Americans get sick more often than Europeans or people from any other industrialized nation, and scientific evidence suggests a significant factor may be the genetic engineering of our food supply
- Despite claims by government regulators and the food industry that GE foods are safe, scientific studies continue to show the opposite; GE foods have been linked with allergies, reproductive problems and infertility, birth defects, bizarre mutations, cancer, and now an unidentified mystery organism causing an epidemic of livestock deaths, “Sudden Death Syndrome”
- GE foods trigger immune attack because they appear to your body as foreign invaders rather than food; this immune response can lead to chronic inflammation, which in turn raises your risk for multiple additional health problems
- The two main types of GE foods are herbicide-tolerant crops and pesticide-producing crops; both are imprecise processes that are riddled with unexpected consequences, such as hundreds to thousands of genetic mutations that have unknown effects on human health
If you are a member of a COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION have your community association sign on to the statements about a GMO FREE HAWAII ( http://www.facebook.com/HawaiianKiko12 ) that you agree with.
If you are a LEGISLATOR or agricultural decision maker, introduce or support legislation for 5-10 year moratorium on open air releases of GMO crops until longterm, peer reviewed animal, human health, environmental and agricultural studies can be done to ensure Hawaii's protection. We can help organize testimony from the outer islands.
If you are a FARMER, refuse to grow GMO crops. Educate other farmers about the problems of GMO farming. Test your papaya trees and chop down your unwanted GMO trees. Let your extension agent and legislators know the reasons why you don't want GMO pollen and seed in your growing environment. Liability for contamination of your crops, loss of markets, high costs of testing, or loss of seed variety lines and ability to save clean seed are among the reasons. Contact GMO FREE HAWAII for strategies for your industry group to follow to prevent commercial release of a GMO version of your crop such as the coffee and taro industries have done.
If you are a CONSUMER, shop and eat GMO free. Use the consumer choice guide to help you choose GMO free foods. When you buy papayas in the market in Hawaii, dispose of the seeds so they can't grow into GMO trees. Demand labeling of GMO products from your market, manufacturers and governments, so that you can make an informed decision.
If you are a PARENT, feed your family GMO free. These foods have not received adequate safety testing either by the manufacturer or the government regulatory agencies. Japan Minister of Health is waiting 10 years and watching U.S. childen to see what the true effects of GMO foods will be. Schools that feed their children whole foods and have removed GMO foods from the lunch and snack menus have noticed positive change in student behavior. Contact your child's school and ask for these positive changes. Check websites to stay abreast of new research on the health issues surrounding GMO foods.
If you are a CITIZEN, speak out. Write letters to the editor ..this is an easy and direct way that you as an individual can have a big impact on the public discourse that affects policy. Contact your legislators and let them know that this technology has entered the food chain and the ecosystem without sufficient testing and without your permission. Ask for a moratorium until it has been adequately tested. Give volunteer hours or financial support to GMO FREE HAWAII. Educate yourself and your neighbors about this topic, which is often left out of mainstream news media.
If you are a GARDENER, use GMO free seeds. Ask your county officials if any GMO crops are being grown or tested in your area with crops (especially corn) that could contaminate your family's garden corn crop. Test the papaya trees in your yard and chop down GMO contaminated trees. Save GMO free seed by bagging a flower of a hermaphrodite tree that you have tested and found GMO free. The seeds of that fruit will be GMO free trees, but may get GMO air contamination in their fruits. Let your Cooperative Extension office, Master Gardener program, and County and State lawmakers know that you want to garden in a GMO Free Hawaii.
If you are a DOCTOR or healer, educate your patients about the health concerns related to GMO foods and living near GMO crops. When diagnosing, consider effects of a change from GMO free to GMO ingredients in your patient's diet. Demand that your local public health department track possible allergic and other responses to ingestion or aerosoliztion of these deadly genes. These foods have never gone through the normal regulatory channels of animal testing, human testing and post market surveys.
What We Need to Fight the Global Elite ...
Initial Funding ( $150,000 ) will be used to achieve certain levels of hardware and acccessories
- 2012 Toyota Tundra 4X4 crew cab to reach over 60,000 acres of GMO farmland located on former plantation sugar & pineapple fields
- Digital Cameras ( 2 CANON SLR EOS 7D bodies ) to document GMO activities w/various lenses wide angle, normal, zoom, telephoto
- Digital Video Cameras ( 2 CANON XH-A1S Professional Camcorder )
- Post Production Computers & Software to edit multimedia formats for DVD replication and duplication to educate the masses thru social media strategies
- Parallel Marketing Projects that will be funded:
media kits consisting of DVD's and printed literature
- Sponsoring events to educate the public of the GMO movement
Last year, GMO labeling passed every single county for Hawaii State Association of Counties except OAHU. Resolution 12-138 urges University of Hawaii to study the link between neonicotinoid pesticides, gemetically modified organisms and the disappearance of the bees. Recent studies in France led to a ban of GMO company SYNGENTA's Cruiser pesticide after confirming they contributed to the collapse of the bee colonies. We need bees to pollinate our food and Hawaii is a leading exporter of Queen Bees worldwide. The bees are dying, they are disappearing and we need to know why. Resolution 12-138 still has not been assigned a hearing and it was introduced in June 5, 2012.
We will never give up fighting GMO's. We deserve the right to know what we are eating and whether or not it has been genetically modified. We deserve to have natural food. Hawaii and the world must stand up to fight the corporate greed of the multinational food conglomerates...
- http://www.organicauthority.com/blog/organic/hawaiian-families-sue-duponts-pioneer-over-gmo-crop-dust/ Families on the “Garden Isle” of Kauai are suing the Dupont-owned Pioneer seed company for failure to investigate the danger posed by open air testing of genetically modified crops.
- GMO Ticking Time Bomb Gary Null Pt 1 http://youtu.be/rAL_AMdMXqY
- GMO Ticking Time Bomb Gary Null Pt 2 http://youtu.be/sx4Dud0othY
- GMO Ticking Time Bomb Gary Null Pt 3 http://youtu.be/Ppumc3iavzI
- GMO Ticking Time Bomb Gary Null Pt 4 http://youtu.be/yakLhePNT2s
- GMO Ticking Time Bomb Gary Null Pt 5 http://youtu.be/i0JsCr6RZdA
- click on link to watch PBS Hawaii INSIGHTS: GMO's http://youtu.be/DgW1xK9wBSY
- Pinky Presents: Islands at Risk, GMO's in Hawaii http://youtu.be/zQDOdnRBLqc
- The World According to MONSANTO http://youtu.be/N6_DbVdVo-K
- David versus MONSANTO( The Globalist Slow Kill BioWeapons Division ) http://youtu.be/vwfzYDKd8jk
- The Truth About Your Food with FOOD,Inc film maker Robert Kenner http://youtu.be/2Oq24hITFTY
- click on link to watch Jeffrey M Smith: The GMO Threat http://youtu.be/oPvkZv5MfRw
- click on link to watch How GMO foods alter organ function and pose a very real health threat to humans http://youtu.be/3N9cDI8YtjA
- click on link to watch SWEET MISERY Pt 1 A Poisoned World the FDA ASPARTAME CONSPIRACY http://youtu.be/vpbZpgDP2pg
- click on link to watch SWEET MISERY Pt 2 http://youtu.be/AoriOuvU2Kw
- click on link to watch A Silent Forest The Growing Threat, Genetically Engineered Trees http://youtu.be/w437uQf_A7c
- SUGAR:The Bitter Truth http://youtu.be/dBnniua6-oM
- FOOD - The Ultimate Secret Exposed http://youtu.be/WMwXlikoFrM
- SUPERSIZE ME McDonalds Fast Food Documentary http://youtu.be/H-eRXuuH9Al
- Fast Food World: The Global Food Chain http://youtu.be/AM_PSqjIF0o
- VANDANA SHIVA on GM Food & MONSANTO http://youtu.be/Oju86YIOOLI
- The New Food Wars: GLOBALIZATION, GMO's, & BIOFUELS http://youtu.be/Iq6jpkDNxtI
- Food Farming and Genetics with Michael Pollan http://youtu.be/VXiYbbri8YU
Other Ways You Can Help
In this new era of food convenience, one needs to stop and wonder; what exactly is a GMO? This is a question that deep pocket corporations are consistently trying to avoid. Genetically modified food has taken over the shelves in grocery stores. But that’s only a bit of the issue. The issue is these corporations are standing to secrecy on what is in the product they sell.
Claiming that not labeling ingredients of products is for the greater good of the consumer and we shouldn’t worry. It’s a bit hard to believe any corporation cares more about the safety of the consumer. The General Mills Facebook page has recently demonstrated the lengths they’ll go to keep those ingredients to themselves.
We need the global community to get the word out and make some noise about our campaign...for more real-time data...please goto http://www.facebook.com/HawaiianKiko12 to access GMO FREE HAWAII public page... this will give the global masses a real time assesment of the current situation of the corrupt multinational corporate greed of these GMO companies..
Please goto the Indiegogo share tools page to learn to be more effective...
For direct and current updates we kindly request you to follow and share these social media accounts...thank you
Director & Founder