General "About": “Good Kids / Bad Kids” is a festival-intended short told in five distinct segments through the perspective of the unique characters involved. Influenced and inspired by the underground rock scene in Seattle, “GKBK” follows five 20-somethings – a jaded rockstar, a dangerous homeless thief, a grimy drug dealer, a burnt-out front woman, and a wide-eyed newcomer – as drugs, sex, and rock’n’roll all come to a head in this twisted tale of “Good Kids / Bad Kids.”
For more on the characters, who has been cast, and the blog, go to goodkidsbadkids.wordpress.com!
This is more than just a short film. This is a film that is doing several things on a cultural level that should be mentioned (because everyone says their film is awesome, right? So let's pitch the heavy stuff!)
- Portrayal of a subculture that has no representation cinematically or artistically in which they have a chance to represent themselves, speak, have their music showcased, etc.
- Accurate and realistic portrayal of a variety of lifestyles and ethical systems, including those struggling with drug addiction and homelessness (and we will provide resources on addiction and youth homelessness at our screenings)
- Accurate portrayal of bisexual and homosexual characters without it being the focus of the character
- Emphasis on strong female characters, including our "love interest" female, promoting positive self-image for females
But there's more!
How we will kick back to the underground (and general Seattle) community:
- Costuming and music budget goes directly into the bands who helped to inspire this film, and they are being promoted throughout this project, as well as promoting their shows and other events to help them see more resources in the future!
- Our original music score will be done by David Bechtel, a local Seattle-native who rocks very hard, but also has a softer side (D'awww)
- Providing jobs and internships to other creative film types, not only in the area (Seattle) but also Eastern Washington (as we will have some "travelers")
- Promotion of local businesses and resources throughout the film and to our crew so that everything stays as local and green as possible!
Where does the money go? Immediately into the film! None of this goes into upper level costs or pockets. In fact, the writers/producers/directors/creators will not be making anything off of this film. All budget is associated with the cost of actually making the movie, and being able to feed the people on set who make it happen.
Where can I get more info? Email us! We are very responsive!
- Our email is VIDEO@pushpulse.com
- Or, you can check out the Facebook page at facebook.com/GoodKidsBadKids
- Or, you can check out the site and blog at goodkidsbadkids.wordpress.com
Can I help in another way besides donating? Of course! email us directly and we can brainstorm together some ways that you can help out - whether it's with transporting, craft services, promotion, or anything else!