FORGOTTEN HOLLYWOOD DOCUMENTARY (PILOT) IN 2013...
First of all, THANK YOU for taking the time to learn about our worthy project.
I'm Manny Pacheco, the creator of the FORGOTTEN HOLLYWOOD franchise, which includes an award-winning book series; a weekly radio show; and blog at www.forgottenhollywood.com. Our franchise is about to embark on it's newest and biggest endeavor: the creation of a Television Pilot for the FORGOTTEN HOLLYWOOD DOCUMENTARY SERIES.
FORGOTTEN HOLLYWOOD shares America's story through the eyes of character actors from Hollywood's Golden Age. The concept of Hollywood remains fascinating.. But, the industry’s historical influence as an art form diminishes, while today’s stars and their films enjoy unparalleled popularity. Character actors such as Lionel Barrymore, Frank Morgan, Walter Brennan, Cesar Romero, Marjorie Main, Basil Rathbone, Peter Lorre, Hattie McDaniel, Claude Rains (and other), are a generation (or two) from becoming almost forgotten in the wake of screen icons - John Wayne, James Stewart, Bette Davis, Cary Grant, Humphrey Bogart, Joan Crawford, Errol Flynn, James Cagney, Katharine Hepburn, etc.
We will address and analyze how this influential industry shaped the way a motion picture audience looks at uniquely American issues, including cultural diversity, disability, changing political climates, and social responsibilities.
The PILOT already in screenplay development shares the seldom-told story of LIONEL BARRYMORE and his pioneering fight against disability. Barrymore's tangential influence on Franklin D. Roosevelt and Helen Keller helped our nation create the March of Dimes campaign, the initial government fight to eradicate polio in this country. It's an inspirational tale that needs a visual platform!
WE HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO CHAMPION THE ONGOING STRUGGLE ON HOW AMERICA POSITIVELY VIEWS PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES!
*** Organizations that will potentially benefit from this documented story include Rotary International's PolioPlus Program, National Easter Seal Society of Crippled Children, International Society for Crippled Children, American Foundation for the Blind, National Arthritis Research Foundation, Moose International / Moose Charities Mooseheart Child City and School, and March of Dimes.
VISION4MEDIA, a theatrical production company, has taken our concept to the 2010 American Film Market and to the 2011 / 2012 FESTIVAL du CANNES; and secured interest in funding for International Distribution upon completion of production. This project was positively compared to the fine literary work of David McCullough, Doris Kearns Goodwin, the cinematic presentations of Ken Burns, and the imaginative creators of THE AMERICAN EXPERIENCE on PBS.
Your participation (and contributions of any amount) help provides quality entertainment that is equally smart; a direct contrast to the current trend of Reality Show programs. Well-told stories still resonate. FORGOTTEN HOLLYWOOD reminds us why we continue to love cinema and American history.
NEWS FLASH: Oscar-winning actress Margaret O'Brien will make a rare on-camera appearance in our Documentary Pilot!
FORGOTTEN HOLLYWOOD has enjoyed world-wide success since it's inception!
Among the highlights of the FORGOTTEN HOLLYWOOD franchise:
- A documentary deal with VISION4MEDIA, which led my words to be shopped theatrically at the 2010 American Film Market and the 2011 / 2012 Festival du Cannes. VISION4MEDIA is promoting the project as a Ken Burns-style production
- Prestigious additions in the libraries of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, American Film Institute, Writer's Guild Foundation, Screen Actors Guild Foundation, and of course, Library of Congress
- Winner of SEVEN literary accolades including 2012 National Indie Excellence Awards; a Gold Medal at the 2010 World Book Awards; and 1st Place at the 2012 / 2009 USA Book News National Best Books Awards. Our book series and website received numerous accolades from the 2012 Los Angeles Press Club Awards
- Availability at historic Southern California gift shops, including the Paley Center in Beverly Hills, Essanay Silent Film Museum in Fillmore, CA, and Hollywood Heritage Museum
- Official selection as a reference copy at the Richard J. Riordan Central Branch Library; and addition to the University of Michigan Graduate School Library and UCLA Arts Library
- The creation of a weekly FORGOTTEN HOLLYWOOD radio program on the Financial News & Talk Network in Southern California
WHAT WE NEED & WHAT YOU GET
We are asking you to help us reach our goal of (at least) $5,000 to produce and develop footage (new and archival). With development and extensive research, we can sincerely tell our story in a documentary format, potentially exciting domestic distributors, including History Channel / Turner Classic Movies. International distributors already find this intriguing television for BBC, etc. The budget will be earmarked to:
- Hire a research archivist to compile footage & photos; and secure licensing
- Hire a consultant / casting director to book actors and behind-the-scenes folks from Hollywood's Golden Age; plus cinematic historians for interview taping
- Set up a production shoot to tape these original interviews
Please be assured, whatever we raise will go into the development of the Pilot Episode. Our team has spent almost four years in establishing the FORGOTTEN HOLLYWOOD brand through my series of books, a weekly radio program, and a daily website / blog. I have been very public about documenting our success in this venture.
Below, we have provided ways of graciously thanking our many contributors to the process. For example, if you read the FORGOTTEN HOLLYWOOD series of books, one can easily see why we already have at least THIRTEEN vignettes ready for theatrical development. We are prepared to offer major contributors a chance of legacy acknowledgment on-screen as one of our fine Producers in the project. But remember, this offer is limited to the first FIVE visionaries.
I'm sincere in earmarking every dollar available to the production. And, we are firmly committed in taking this next valuable step in the process. By providing complete transparancy, you can rest easy that your contribution will be honestly utilized in making FORGOTTEN HOLLYWOOD a reality.
OTHER WAYS YOU CAN HELP
We invite you to personally socially network and/or chat about FORGOTTEN HOLLYWOOD. Your enthusiasm may lead to the needed BUZZ to first reach our monetary goals; but more importantly, to help us make FORGOTTEN HOLLYWOOD an on-screen reality. Lets make 2013 the year we say NO to the dumbing-down of television and cable viewership; while saying YES to intelligent programming. It's a priceless gift towards our future.
And, please feel free to use the share tools provided by this wonderful INDIEGOGO website. They are truly committed to helping innovative ideas in becoming a reality.
Even if you can't contribute, your BUZZ can have an enormous impact on documentary programming. This kind of American Exceptionalism can ensure the survival of what we call.. THE HUMANITIES!
I hope you join us in the FORGOTTEN HOLLYWOOD journey. I want to offer my warmest regards and thanks in advance for your valued interest and genorosity.
-- MANNY PACHECO, Author / Executive Producer - FORGOTTEN HOLLYWOOD
Documentary Campaign Executive Producer