Featherstone Two Wheels Green Delivery
WE MADE THE GOAL and 24% more, thanks very much! Here are some virtual flowers from me to you! Thank you for checking out the video on my small bike delivery service in Toronto, Canada! These were picked by Honey Pie Farms of Prince Edward County and are sold during the season at 2 local Farmer's Markets on Saturdays. All the best and happy holidays!
News Update Dec 12th! Today is the Final Day to be part of the Campaign to help me with equipment ugrades, supplies and warm gloves, goretex pants, ski goggles, tax software and cash to rent a garage to store all this beautiful equipment! The campaign has gone really well, any extra from here on in will be put towards things like storage/work space, future bike maintenance and parts up keep! Thank you for looking at the video and seeing what 1 women on 2 x2 wheels can do all by pedal power! Stay tuned for the Final #1 Reason of the TOP 10 REASONS BIKE AND CARGO TRAILER ARE A GREAT IDEA!
- My name is Laurie Featherstone, owner of Featherstone Two Wheels Green Delivery. My degree in Environmental studies combined with a love of being an entrepeneur is a perfect fit for me! I enjoy having an outdoors job, I have been cycling my entire life, and I like the challenge of delivery logistics and connecting with Toronto's local communities and businesses is simply the BEST! I started using the bike and cargo trailer in 2008 as a 'vehicle' to transport sprouts to the Farmer's markets and as they say the rest is history!
- This campaign will allow me to raise funds for new equipment that will take the rigors of 60-100km days on all sorts of road conditions with loads sometimes as high as 400lbs. The second set of equipment will be important when I have contracts or especially busy seasons and need to have another person on quality well maintained equipment.
- With your help the capital raised will allow me to carry heavier loads, go further and to have an extra person help using reliable, efficient equipment.
Budget for Equipment
How will the money be used?
- The money raised will got towards a new bike, trailer, electric assist, and administrative cost to run the campaign. The goal of the campaign is $4500
- Bike - $1500 with tax
- Trailer - $1500 with tax and shipping
- Electric Assist - $1000 plus tax
- Promotions, Design, Postage, Help to distribute perks - $500
- The Perks offered are pretty awesome, lots of local food businesses including vegan fare, fair trade coffee, cookies, pies, soup, lattes, and a healthy butcher shop, ....deep breath (there is more!)...plus a Courier Bag (along with other goodies) bike tune up from one of the best, friendliest, genius like bike mechanics in town, a new t-shirt design from Featherstone Two Wheels Green Delivery, Picnic pop-up Fun, Hand crafted wood bike silhouettes from a talented gent from Kentucky, High Fivin' Good Ding Dinging Karma and more!
- I am siging up for the Flexible Funding, so even if we do not meet the goal of $4500 Featherstone Two Wheels Green Delivery will still receive the funds, however a bit less as a slightly bigger percentage will go to the indiegogo folks.
Featherstont Two Wheels Green T-shirt $30 - showcasing the vintage 80's bicycle!
Women's and Men's sizes - colour classic black!
Handmade Wooden Bike ARt - from artist and craftsman Bob Diehl.
top left cyclist 10", tandem 10", head-on cyclist 17.5". Price $60/each (I will contact you following the PERK purchase to verify which piece you would like.)
This poem and these 2 lines clarify for me what crowdfunding is about. You need others to help sometimes, it is impossible to do everything on your own. Your help whether doing a straight out donation, buying a perk, or simply sharing on social media or telling a friend/family/co-worker about this campaign is part of helping out and making this a success! For your interest and assistance I am very grateful!
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf,
and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack." Rudyard Kipling - The Law of the Jungle
- What I have noticed over the past 5 years while riding around daily with the trailer is that people are very interested in what I am doing, they stop me and ask about the trailer, what am I delivering, what do I do in the winter, is it heavy, you must be in good shape and it goes on and on. They are genuinely interested and excited, so I came to the conclusion that people like this old-fashioned delivery idea with a modern twist plunked in the middle of a very busy urban environment. Back to the future/past anyone?
- I was a finalist in the Livegreen Toronto Awards in 2013 over 47 000 people viewed the video and over 9200 votes!
- I feel by showing people with a real example of what you can transport without a car, I am giving them an idea with a visual que that they may envision themselves with a cargo bike or using a cargo trailer for personal errands or business related transport. For me one of the biggest inspirations and motivators is to see others trying to use a more efficient, healthy, carbon free mode of transportation to transport goods.
Other Ways You Can Help
If you think this is a cool idea, please share on all your social media outlets, this will help show the video to more people and either inspire them to donate or get a perk, and also it may really get them excited about hopping on a cargo bike or using a cargo trailer to do daily errands or to use in the small business! Those actions would be a tremendous help!
I have travelled 60 000 km using the bike and trailer in 5 years, I feel I can do more with your help! Help keep the Featherstone Two Wheels Green Delivery transport goods for local Toronto businesses Carbon Free! Well almost carbon free ;) I do have to exhale..