The name Ewam (‘Eh-wam’) itself brings together the two Sanskrit syllables for wisdom and compassionate methods. Actualizing the union of these two virtues is the goal of all Buddhist practice.
The future welcoming center located at the Garden will:
- Welcome visitors to the Garden of One Thousand Buddhas
- Provide a more enjoyable visit to the Garden of One Thousand Buddhas by offering printed materials including a walking tour guide, brochures, and further information
- Provide services to guests including educational materials, facilities, and refreshments
$8,000 is the contruction cost to expand our existing store into a media center, office, and additional store space:
- Media Center: Flat screen TV with sitting area for visitors to watch videos about the Garden vision
- Office: Creating a more centrally located, secure, and higher tech office for future increase in visitors
- Store Space: Expanding store space will include more Tibetan and Nepalese imports as well as meditation supplies, gifts, and Garden souvenirs
Why is This Important
- Education on Tibetan Buddhism
- A place to explore the impact that peace and compassion can have on the mind
- Offers a comfortable atmosphere for visitors to deepen their connection to the Garden
Other Ways to Contribute
- Donation of office items
- Donation of furniture, fixtures, tea or service items, or technical gear like TV, DVD, computer, phone, etc.
- Volunteering in the store, media center or welcoming garden
Please help us in our goal of expanding our sacred space at Ewam where we can open our hearts and minds through the connection to the Garden of One Thousand Buddhas, International Peace Center.