Dunk!festival2013 was, like every year a wonderful weekend with lots of great bands and nice people. A lot of energy goes into organizing such an event but to us it is energy well spent and most importantly done with much love. However, it also involves a lot of money. And let that be the spoiler of this year's edition. We are 10.000€ short to cover all the costs (70.000€) we made for dunk!festival2013. Having a second stage and more bands did not cause this problem though. This year's budget almost equals the amount we spent in 2012. We simply didn't have as much visitors as we had expected.
For a second we were considering to skip the 10th edition in 2014 and move it to 2015. But we just can't have a year passing by without an edition of dunk!festival. And certainly not if it is edition #10! So we are going to make this happen but this time we won't be able to make it without your help. That's why we have set up this crowd funding campaign.
What you pay for
Our goal is set to 10.000€ because that happens to be the amount we lack. But we are not going to use your money to cover the -10.000€ we need to pay for dunk!festival2013. We don't want to bother you with that uncomfortable situation. We are going to use your money to make dunk!festival2014 a weekend you will never forget! So every euro you spend on this page will be used to book extra awesome bands. The plan is to ask as much headliners and highlights from previous editions as possible and of course to attract some new great bands too. So you have total control over the extra awesomeness at dunk!festival2014. 'Extra' because it will be awesome anyway, as usual. If we don't reach our goal we will need to watch what we spend and we will have to reconsider wether it is realistic to keep this festival going.
If we can be sure of 10.000€ in advance we can have an edition similar to the 2012 edition.
Once we reached our goal, every contribution will add awesomeness to dunk!festival2014. Something we hoped we would've been able to accomplish without even more support from you.
- Although we loved the two stages experiment, everyone will play on the same stage again in 2014. It is all about quality and not about quantity. Like our fans :-).
- Tickets will be cheaper no matter what we collect through this campaign. However most of you seem to be more than willing to pay the 85€ we asked in 2013...
- It will all happen on April 18-19-20. Which means no freezing temperatures at night. It will probably be the last time we fix the festival to the Easter weekend. We are thinking of switching to a more interesting time and maybe even moving to another location. High summer, and in Brazil for example :-).
- The line-up will be even more awesome! But that also depends on the amount we collect here of course. Some of the biggest bands we had, have already shown their interest in coming back to Zottegem.
- Of course there will be free coffee and breakfast like always. That is the rule!
- There will be package deals including a combi ticket and a ho(s)tel for the weekend.
What you get in return
For each 1€ of support we will jump in the air and yell 'joy joy'. But next to that you are making dunk!festival2014 happen. You are even contributing to the amount of awesomeness of the whole weekend and that of future editions.
Of course each donation deserves a reward. We thought it would be nice to have some exclusive stuff that will only be available here, like the t-shirts, photo book or access to a secret gig the night before the festival. Some rewards also include an 'extreme early bird' combiticket for dunk!festival2014 with some cool extras.
If you are sitting on a mountain of cash and have been waiting all this time for a good opportunity to spend it you can book a dunk!band at your home. Fun guaranteed!!
Take your time to check out all the rewards. We hope you'll like what we have to offer! Feel free to also make multiple contributions and to combine different items.
(Shipping costs are included.)
Dunk!festival is organized by:
Jan Gabriëls (food & finance), Luc Lievens (line-up, some other stuff), Guy Rosseel (all technical matters), Wout Lievens (communication, programmation, dunk!records), Marijn Gabriëls (backstage), Joris De Bolle (artist manager), Bart De Koker (artist manager), Pieter Janssens (merch, dunk!records), Jelmer Van Lenteren (dunk!records).
Please contact us at info(at)dunkfestival(dot)be or firstname(at)dunkfestival(dot)be if you have any questions or suggestions.
Typo correction in perk 12€: 'this is your chance...' ;-).