Hello DrinkSavvy friends and supporters! We have some exciting news and updates! But first, if you haven't already done so, PLEASE sign up for our email list for more frequent updates (http://eepurl.com/D4yHb). Eventually, we will be transitioning away from posting updates on IndieGoGo, but will tell you when that will be.
1. DrinkSavvy has made tremendous progress with our research and we are very excited to bring that progress to you with your perks soon! There is still some minor work to be done before we send you your perks, so we are going to delay shipment for another 2-3 months. We know that's not what you want to hear, but you can rest assured that we are moving as fast as possible, and we are just as anxious to send your perks as you are to receive them :)
2. Out of 1,200+ applicants, DrinkSavvy made it to the top 26 finalists in the MassChallenge business competition, qualifying us as winners! We're so proud to have done so, and it helps to spread the word about our cause to prevent drug-facilitated sexual assault.
3. We are currently revamping our website to make it look more professional, so you can all stop telling us how much it stinks ;)
Thank you all again for your patience while we finish things up with our prototypes! We can't wait to give you more good news in the very near future!
Hi DrinkSavvy friends and supporters! Here are some updates:
1. For those that are interested, you can see an interview on NECN with DrinkSavvy's Founder (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq7rwDdub8c)
2. We are confused as to why an update we were sure was posted around a month ago is not currently being displayed. Essentially, the update stated that WPI was having difficulties obtaining the proper state and federal DEA license to manufacture GHB so that we can further develop our prototype, and that might delay when we are able to deliver the products to you. We were finally given an update on this front today, and have learned that it might still be another 2 weeks before the license is granted. As such, it is safe to say there will be a delay in sending out your perks. We are SO sorry and really do appreciate your patience and understanding! If the license is granted around 2 weeks from now, then the new delivery date is expected to be around late November. If the license is not granted within that time period, we are already in discussions with a contract researching organization for them to begin work on it. Of course, we will keep you updated as we learn more.
We thank you all so much for your continued support and understanding of the delay. We are working diligently to remedy the delay and you can all rest assured that you will receive your perks! Thanks everyone!
Hi DrinkSavvy friends and supporters! For those that are interested, here is a link to a radio interview of DrinkSavvy's Founder, produced by an NPR/PBS affiliate, WGBH, which aired today (http://www.wgbhnews.org/post/boston-man-invents-straws-and-cups-detect-date-rape-drugs). Happy Friday!
Change of Address: Hi everyone,
If you have moved and would like us to ship your perks to a different location than we have on record, please send an email with the subject line: CHANGE OF ADDRESS to Info@DrinkSavvyInc.com and we will update our system. Be sure to include your full name and the address that you originally used when contributing. Thanks!
Hi DrinkSavvy friends and supporters! We apologize for going so long without an update, but in an attempt to limit the amount of emails sent to your inbox, we have been hesitant to provide updates until there was something to update about. However, some of you have specifically asked, so here it is! :)
First, out of over 1200 applicants, DrinkSavvy has made it to the second round of the MassChallenge (a startup accelerator contest) along with 300 other startups. We presented an in-person pitch to a panel of judges last week, and we will find out tomorrow if we have made it to the next round of 125 startups. If we win, we could win as much as $100,000 to help bring DrinkSavvy to market! Wish us luck!
Second, I just got off of a conference call with co-inventor Dr. John MacDonald and his colleague at Worcester Polytechnic Institute Dr. Christopher R. Lambert. The call went very well and we are very close to penning a deal with WPI to begin a 10 week test run on a promising embodiment of the DrinkSavvy indicator material. If all goes well (fingers crossed, knock on wood, etc.), we should be on target to provide you with your cups/straws by the promised deadline (give or take a month or so). We will know much more at the end of the 10 week test run.
Thank you all for your patience and continued support of DrinkSavvy and we can’t wait to (hopefully) provide you some exciting news during the next update!