55 People Creating a Company in a Day.
Why? Because We Can.
Prior to the opening of the SXSW Conference in Austin, hundreds upon hundreds of eager entrepreneurs boarded six buses to participate in the 2013 StartupBus. An unbelievable set of ideas emerged, ranging from anonymous chat rooms to military career building websites to crowdfunded book publishing. One idea that stood out, however, was an app that allowed users to draw random things on pictures of clouds.
Not being dashed, we started thinking of other stuff that we could consider drawing on. And we quickly realized that a canvas many of us already use is our drunken, passed out friends and strangers.
And thus, an app was born.
Hi - we're Drunkspotting. You can use our web-based app to draw on a random image of an inebriated person, or upload your own to draw on!
If you find yourself on this site, you probably made a mistake you deserve to pay for.
And while drawing on drunk friends is hilarious,
The truth is, none of us want to face the humiliation of waking up with a giant sex organ scrawled on our cheek, and hopefully those of us who have experienced it learn from our mistakes.
But repeated shenanigans are an all-too-common occurrence, and it causes immensely painful outcomes.
- 15 million people are currently affected by alcohol dependency or abuse.
- Tens of thousands are killed due to alcohol abuse.
- And, our roads and highways are often made less safe due to drunken driving.
While we could make billions of dollars with this app,
we'd rather help a noble cause.
We're using Drunkspotting to raise funds for to raise awareness about alcoholism. The foundation who will benefit from the campaign is still TBD- keep an eye out for updates! We believe this is the perfect way of doing so, because once again: you don't want to end up on this site.
We believe that SXSW's creative mass can easily help us raise money for ALF by the end of the Interactive conference on March 12th.
And in exchange, you have the opportunity to earn one of several great prizes:
- For $10, we'll give you a high five.
- For $20, we'll give you a hug and a @drunkspotting stamp.
- For $50, we'll give you all of the above PLUS an awesome Drunkspotting t-shirt!
- For $500 we'll hand-deliver a six-pack of beer to you at SXSW!
- And The ultimate reward for donating $5,000: a private happy hour with the 46-member strong Drunkspotting team!