a b o u t
"Deliver Us" is a brief journey through a day in the life of a pizza delivery guy. What begins as routine day on the job, becomes a collision with the supernatural. In the film, we will follow the main character as he drops off a delivery, and upon seeing his customer's face, has a unique vision.
This film will initially portraty the banality of the suburbs and gradually become a projection of the main character's mind. It will directly compare pizza delivery to the distribution of religious beliefs, highlighting the presence of faith-based action in domestic settings. "Deliver Us" will ultimately beg my question:
Has the face of God been reduced to an unhealthy meal?
g o a l s
- We will shoot with 3 specific cameras: iPhone 4s, RED Scarlet-X, and Bolex H16
- I will pay all actors and crew members.
- "Deliver Us" will be completed by January of 2013
- The film will be submitted to festival internationally
n e e d s
- Camera Rentals ($1000)
- Actor/Crew Payment ($2000)
- Location Permit and miscellaneous shooting expenses ($500)
- Film to Digital HD Transfer ($1000)
- Visual / Sound Editing ($500)
- Additional expenses will be covered by educational grants and myself.
My name is John Regalado. I currently reside in Broomfield, Colorado. I've been a professional photographer and videographer over the last five years. More recently, I've worked as a portrait photographer, event videoographer, and collaborated with dance choreographers, integrating video projection with live dance. I've also recently partnered with Brandon Losey and his local production company, Pelago Productions LLC. Together, we have begun a career as Digital Cinematographers.
Broomfield has been the backdrop of my entire life. I've held a variety of odd jobs in the suburban town, working at churches, a video rental store, a moive theatre, and delivering pizzas. These jobs and this town have inspired me to make "Deliver Us." The film will neither glorify nor condemn my personal background, but it will emphasize the presence of faith in the suburbs, and how faith molds our conditions on earth and within our minds.
l i n k s
y o u
I need your help to make "Deliver Us!" Producing and Directing this project will be no easy task, but I guarantee a high-quality final product. If I am able to raise the necessary funds for this project, we will have a cutting-edge work of art. Thank you so so so so so so so much for your time and support!
- If you are considering donating, please browse through the links provided above to explore more of my own photographic work.
- I've listed the names of important collaborators and their work.
- Feel free to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss the project in further detail.
Team on This Campaign: