Delicious Pound Cake is set in a post-apocalyptic, post-nuclear world where at any given moment anyone or anything can explode into a consuming ball of light. However, we are following three characters who are completely ignorant of this and are trying to bake a cake.
All of the money asked for will go to fund a Senior Thesis project for a student at the Santa Fe University of Art and Design. This thesis film will be submitted to festivals and used as an entrance piece for Masters Schools.
Should funds be raised that are over the asked for amount, 20% will go to charities helping feed the hungry or helping stop nuclear proliferation. The remaining 80% will still fund this film, Delicious Pound Cake.
What We Need & What You Get
Delicious Pound Cake will be shot on super 16mm film. Expecting a 5:1 shooting ratio (five takes for every one shot used in the final product), the cost of this will be roughly $2000. Thus, almost all of the funds asked for here will go to paying for the film stock, the processing of the film, and the HD transfer of it.
The other costs of making this movie (location fees, food, gas, shooting permits, etc.) are all being covered by me. This being said, any funds raised over the asked amount will be going for food for the actors, post-production costs (i.e festival fees), and packaging. Rest assured, I am working to make this film as financially streamlined as I can.
If the asked for amount of funds is not met, the money will still go to fund this film and the film will still get made. This is my senior thesis project, so I don't have a choice on whether or not it will happen. Any money at all is greatly appreciated, and donations as low as $5 (USD) will be rewarded (see the sidebar for more explanation on perks of donations).
Other Ways You Can Help
If you are unable to donate money, don't worry. It's a tough time for people right now, and even $5 can sometimes be too much to give. However, there is still something you can do that costs nothing: You can tell your friends and family and refer them to this site. Even if only one of the people who you refer donates $5, it would help me out greatly.