ABOUT DAYS N' DAZE"The band's sound has been described as "crust punk", "crack rock folk", "folk punk", "riot folk",..and does have an edge that many folk punk acts suppress. Song themes run the gamut from social (gang violence, consumerism/terrorism, annihilation of the environment for corporate pocket-lining, the mundane and unavoidable anxieties of modern life, et al) to recreational (how the fuck did we end up in jail?).
What DnD is best known for is its live shows, which are energetic to the point of audience members stripping their clothes off in ecstatic, music-induced jubilation (or, too much PBR). Its played a variety of venues, from Houston's Walter's, Warehouse Live, Fitzgerald's, Mango's, Dan Electro's and others, to house shows at stalwarts like Ghetto Blaster, Ponderosa and House of Creeps. Out of town, its played two years on Brootal Sun Fest, at Skatopia's Bowl Bash and in Tompkins Square Park in NYC's Alphabet City. The band was honored to open the second day of performances at the 2011 Houston Free Press Summerfest, which featured headliner Weezer later that night.
Like any band of this millenia, DnD has employed the Internet to reach a broader audience. As of this writing, it has a following of over 2,100 on its Facebook page. A lot from Texas, Louisiana and the southwest, but also many on the west coast and the north east and west. On Reverbnation, the band's songs have been played more than 14,000 times as of this date. DnD lists over 3,400 fans on Reverb, many in the male 25-34 demographic, including abroad in places like Canada, Japan, the Ukraine, Kuala Lampur, Germany, France, and the United Kingdom." (Bio by Jesse Sendejas)
THE THINGS WE NEED HELP GETTING
- Most importantly a van! Our last tour we had to forfeit all of our merch money we had been saving to rent a vehicle , that meant we had no shirts, stickers, or patches to sell while we we're out on the road (it sucked!)
- A New CD!! We are releasing our sixth full length album intitled "Rogue Taxidermy" We will still be recording all of our music ourselves but need help getting prepared for our upcoming East Coast tour this fall.
- We are coming out with two new DND shirts including one from our t-shirt contest that ends July 1st! Also we will spend a portion of anything earned to exclusive tour shirts with the band Dirty Kid Discount (Portland,OR).
- Other Misc. merch like buttons, stickers, patches, etc.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN?
- We will be able to tour!!! By helping us purchase a van we will be able to come to your town/city/village and play shows with not only Days N' Daze but with our side projects as well. We will have the funds to have merch at those shows and get there without the threat of canceling a tour or us breaking down on the way!
- There will be neat prizes including exclusive "dibs" on the new cd, cassette tapes, new shirts, a vinyl split with Potbelly, new patches, and more!!!
- We will (for once) have some legitimate merch when we go on tour and will still be providing free cds when we play shows!
THANKS TO EVERYONE!