About me and CuteSoma
My name is Andrea Grandi and I'm a "Computer Science" student at "Università degli Studi di Firenze", in Italy. I'm currently unemployed and I dedicate almost all my spare time to develop opensource applications.
CuteSoma is a client for the popular Soma.fm streaming radio that features more than 20 unique music channels. I initially developed the client for Nokia N9, then I ported to Windows Phone platform and I'm currently porting it to the new BlackBerry 10 devices.
Contributing to this project you will help me to dedicate more time to the client development. I've lot of ideas to improve this application and many features to add.
What do I Need & What You Get
I would like to raise at least 5.000€ to be able to keep maintaining the existing features and to implement new one. Developing for 3 different platforms really takes a lot of time. I also need to find a way to get a Windows Phone 8 device because at the moment I cannot test some features using just the emulator.
What the application currently does:
- You can view the list of Soma.fm channels
- You can listen any channel
Features I would like to add:
- Scrobbling song to Last.fm
- Write a new MediaSource for Windows Phone (the default one is quite bugged and I need to implement one from scratch)
- Port the BlackBerry10 version to the native CascadesUI
Funding the development of CuteSoma you will make thousands of people really happy, because they will be able to listen to Soma.fm on their Nokia N9, Windows Phone and BlackBerry 10 devices. You will also make me feel apreciated for all the hours I'm spending to write the code :)
Yes. CuteSoma is completly opensource. I keep my source code on GitHub and BitBucket and it's always updated. All the CuteSoma versions are released under the GPL license.
- CuteSoma for Nokia N9 source code: https://github.com/andreagrandi/CuteSoma
- CuteSoma for BlackBerry 10 source code: https://github.com/andreagrandi/CuteSoma/tree/bb10
- CuteSoma for Windows Phone source code: https://bitbucket.org/andreagrandi/cutesoma/src
Other Ways You Can Help
If you want to contribute but you can't or you don't want to send money, you could help me in the following ways:
1) Download and use the application:
- Nokia N9: http://store.ovi.com/content/205737
- Windows Phone: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/cutesoma/387185ca-1328-4d1c-a4c2-45568cf06470
- BlackBerry 10: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/20200430/
2) Tweet/Blog about this fund raising campaign