DIY Studio will be the first non-profit Creative Reuse Center in Marion County. A creative reuse center is where materials are diverted from the solid waste stream and then are collected, sorted, and sold to be repurposed into creative projects for the public, schools, and non-profits. The possiblities are endless! We will provide materials for collage, painting, sculpting, upcycled crafts, sewing, knitting, paper crafts and much, much more!
Supporting DIY Studio, is investing in a sustainable Salem. Not only will tons of materials be diverted from the solid waste stream, but through the sale of those materials, we’ll provide art education as well as Do It Yourself (DIY) classes to our community. We’ll put people to work in green collar jobs and offer volunteers opportunities to learn new skills. It’s a win-win for our city!
What We Need
We are asking for your help to raise funds for start up costs, six months of rent, and utilities to open DIY Studio. Without six months of rent and utilities DIY Studio won't open its doors. Do not fear, we will not rest until we have a creative reuse center in Salem! If we don't fund completely though Indiegogo we will dry our tears and keep offering Community Craft Nights, promoting and educating about DIY Studio in the community, and raising funds.
What You Get
If you give to this project we guarantee that your heart will grow three sizes larger, AND we will show our appreciation of your generosity by offering one-of-a-kind perks. DIY Studio is a grassroots movement and we need and value your support!
Your gift to DIY Studio will make our work possible. Here are some examples of what your dollars will support.
- $3,000 will cover the cost of one month of rent.
$850 will cover the cost of filing with the IRS.Done!
- $650 will cover the cost of one month of utilities.
- $250 will provide free use of the facility to a non-profit organization.
- $100 will provide free materials to a school or artist that cannot otherwise afford them.
- $50 will underwrite the cost of a class.
$50 will cover the cost of filing with the state.Done!
- $25 will underwrite the cost of fliers that tell the world about DIY Studio.
- $10 will underwrite the cost of a craft kit for a child in need.
Every dollar makes a difference!
Other Ways You Can Help
You may not be able to contribute financially, however we still would love your help!
- Spread the word and send out a link about this campaign to family and friends.
- Donate materials.
- Ask a local business to donate.
- Sign up to volunteer. We'll soon need folks to distribute flyers, sort materials, and contact businesses and agencies about our services.
- Support our Community Craft Nights. Our next event will be the Holiday Reuse, Recycling, and Wrapping Event, December 18 from 6 to 8pm at Clockworks Cafe.